........and the penny drops!
Thanks guys.
Next little venture is going to be trying to install an homebrew dipole into the loft. It'll on be able to go in horizontally but I'll give it a bash for something to do!
Just got to finish moving house first. 'She'll' hit the roof when she finds out the ...
Search found 41 matches
- Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14990
- Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14990
Re: How do I DX?
I've just typed a long reply but it didn't send and I lost it's content. Here's the shortened version.
This is going to sound really stupid by the way but I think I've grasped the mode thing now!
Mode = Musical instrument i.e. guitaris AM and drums is FM
Band/frequency = Microphone.
You can use ...
This is going to sound really stupid by the way but I think I've grasped the mode thing now!
Mode = Musical instrument i.e. guitaris AM and drums is FM
Band/frequency = Microphone.
You can use ...
- Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:56 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14990
Re: How do I DX?
The 550 is a multi channel rig but the button you have to press to switch between UK and EU gives a null/warning bleep when pressed and the little 'UK' lettering on the screen stays there. I'll consult the manual later and will let you know.
My Silver Road antenna and coax arrived yesterday but now ...
My Silver Road antenna and coax arrived yesterday but now ...
- Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:28 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14990
Re: How do I DX?
I'm not up to speed on the whole 'cept' band thing.
I have a tti 550 which is an 80 channel FM. It'll only do the UK40 when it's in the UK and it picks up the fact that it's on the continent and will then allow for the other 40 channels to be used. I can't manually switch between them.
The AM rig ...
I have a tti 550 which is an 80 channel FM. It'll only do the UK40 when it's in the UK and it picks up the fact that it's on the continent and will then allow for the other 40 channels to be used. I can't manually switch between them.
The AM rig ...
- Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 13122
Re: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
Fantasitic new, two days of it!
Looking forward to both and hoping to get onto some high ground for CT's day.
If anyone hears of any meets in the South Wales area regarding the 2nd Nov, post on here.
Looking forward to both and hoping to get onto some high ground for CT's day.
If anyone hears of any meets in the South Wales area regarding the 2nd Nov, post on here.
- Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:38 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14990
Re: How do I DX?
I have a CB Master 2040 Am rig that I bought by mistake due to an incorrect description on eBay. I tried it out last night at the seafront at Mumbles Lighthouse in Swansea. I have found out that it is a 'Mid Block' rig. I do not know what frequencies that covers, (if anyone can shed some light it ...
- Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:33 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14990
Re: How do I DX?
I've noticed that there's more traffic at night but I'm not mobile at night and I'm only in the car for around an hour a day on a work day. I don't have a set up at home but I'm working on that one, (her indoors isn't too keen). I'm due to have an operation very soon which will see me laid up for a ...
- Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:42 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hello from Sunny Swansea
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5248
Re: Hello from Sunny Swansea
I don't think there's a CB shop left in Wales!
Exclude Maplin stores and the electronics stall in Swansea indoor marker who has to wait until he has enough orders to warrant the P&P, there's nothing.
Thank the lord for the tinterweb and online shopping!
Silver Rod, coax and plugs coming from ...
Exclude Maplin stores and the electronics stall in Swansea indoor marker who has to wait until he has enough orders to warrant the P&P, there's nothing.
Thank the lord for the tinterweb and online shopping!
Silver Rod, coax and plugs coming from ...
- Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:39 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 13122
Re: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
Hobgobblin,
Carry this on at this thread I started.
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/forum/view ... =16&t=3848
A fella called Offplanet has posted some really interesting stuff.
Carry this on at this thread I started.
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/forum/view ... =16&t=3848
A fella called Offplanet has posted some really interesting stuff.
- Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:47 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14990
Re: How do I DX?
Have just ordered my antenna, coax and plugs etc. I have a 5.4m lightweight mast so when that all arrives, I'll be good to go.
I was talking to a shop earlier and they recommended I try Charlie Tango DX Group. The guy in the shop told me that he thinks it's run by a couple of Welsh guys. I joined ...
I was talking to a shop earlier and they recommended I try Charlie Tango DX Group. The guy in the shop told me that he thinks it's run by a couple of Welsh guys. I joined ...
- Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:10 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14990
Re: How do I DX?
I have a replied on the Big 30 thread about DX'ing and have mentioned pics that had inspired me to look into this further.
You've posted the pic that I looked at! Small world.
Funny you should mention the sea front as that is where I intend to go this Friday to see what comes across the water ...
You've posted the pic that I looked at! Small world.
Funny you should mention the sea front as that is where I intend to go this Friday to see what comes across the water ...
- Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:54 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 13122
Re: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
Have since found out that they're not 11m in length!!!
I looked at the resonators on a website and was again educated by learning that he antenna isn't call the resonator but the resonator is only part of the antenna and you have to buy them in kit form.
I like sound of spending £20 -£25 on a ...
I looked at the resonators on a website and was again educated by learning that he antenna isn't call the resonator but the resonator is only part of the antenna and you have to buy them in kit form.
I like sound of spending £20 -£25 on a ...
- Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 13122
Re: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
Found the Hustler RM-S Series Resonator 11m for £22, seems like a good price. Have also seen it for £30 too.
It says that it's for single band use so does that mean it won't work for AM? Can you only use it for FM on 27mhz?
It says that it's for single band use so does that mean it won't work for AM? Can you only use it for FM on 27mhz?
- Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:42 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 13122
Re: The Big Net 2011 - 30 Years Of Legal CB Radio!
Let me get this right, the actual antenna is 11m is length? It would shake anyone up with that crashing down around your car!
How about a horizontal (droopy) dipole? Not sure if you're familiar with this antenna, but it's one we sometimes use in the Army.
I was thinking of starting out a bit ...
How about a horizontal (droopy) dipole? Not sure if you're familiar with this antenna, but it's one we sometimes use in the Army.
I was thinking of starting out a bit ...
- Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:39 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14990
Re: How do I DX?
I'm coming to the end of a 23yr career in the Army, (communications) so I'm adverse to walking up bloody hills!!
I saw a pic on a thread from the forum showing someone with a pop up tent and small tent etc. It looks like fun but I don't want to be using anything illegal i.e. to see how far I can ...
I saw a pic on a thread from the forum showing someone with a pop up tent and small tent etc. It looks like fun but I don't want to be using anything illegal i.e. to see how far I can ...
