Search found 9 matches

by steveky
Fri May 19, 2006 6:35 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Thunderpole saturn
Replies: 7
Views: 4591

Cheers Andy
:D :D :D :D :D
by steveky
Fri May 19, 2006 3:31 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Thunderpole saturn
Replies: 7
Views: 4591

Cheers Andy
Will have another go at weekend and if I cant sort it will take you up on your offer, if I just used it for scanning and not transmitting would this do any damage cos for what it costs if it won't damage the handset set I may just keep it when scanning
Steve
by steveky
Fri May 19, 2006 2:21 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Thunderpole saturn
Replies: 7
Views: 4591

Andy
I have adjusted it to the full height and to its lowest trying all points in between on both ch40 and 1 and the worse case is 10 and the best 10 in the red. I don't think it's the magmount because I can put the thunderstick straight into the mount and get readings between 1.3 and 1.5 which ...
by steveky
Thu May 18, 2006 7:24 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Thunderpole saturn
Replies: 7
Views: 4591

Thunderpole saturn

I've just bought a Thunderpole Saturn and fitted it on a large magmount onto my Shogun. I can't get the SWR out of the red no matter where I put it on the roof and adjust the length by the grub screw along its full adjustment, is the next step to start hacking bits off the end or is there another ...
by steveky
Sat May 13, 2006 11:32 am
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Thunderstick
Replies: 5
Views: 3906

:D
Andy your a star
Cheers Steve
by steveky
Sat May 13, 2006 9:44 am
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Thunderstick
Replies: 5
Views: 3906

Another question, the pole came red, very red can I cover it in a black tape or will this affect the aerial I know it's a dumb question but a red aerial on top of a 4x4 is a bit conspicuous
Steve
by steveky
Fri May 12, 2006 5:40 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Thunderstick
Replies: 5
Views: 3906

:D :D
Magic cheers Andy

Steve
by steveky
Fri May 12, 2006 12:50 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Thunderstick
Replies: 5
Views: 3906

Thunderstick

Just got a thunderstick off you and it says swr tuneable at the tip, are you supposed to take the tip off and cut it or something?

Steve

:D :D
by steveky
Mon May 08, 2006 5:47 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Newby to this site and a reborn Scanner
Replies: 1
Views: 2080

Newby to this site and a reborn Scanner

:D :D :D :D
Hi all just found my scanner after about 5 years, put batteries in and away I go, just got to find my old scanning lists cos I stupidly reset the scanner.

Steve