Hi Nato 2000
Nice bit of kit you have made there, could you tell me what lengths you made the radials, and what made you make them this length, is there a measurement or calculation you have to use. might try and make one to fit my Sirio 5000 as I have trouble with my ground plane, thought about a ...
Search found 4 matches
- Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:21 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: how to mount a groundplane on a magmount
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10356
- Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:13 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Rigging mobile antenna for home use
- Replies: 5
- Views: 19976
Re: Rigging mobile antenna for home use
Have managed to get it working, what I have done is put the magmount on a piece of steel about 18in square put it on the grass in the garden and run the coax into the garage and all seems ok at the moment, swr down to 1.2.
Will keep experimenting until I have it right.
Thanks for all your help
Will keep experimenting until I have it right.
Thanks for all your help
- Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:00 am
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Rigging mobile antenna for home use
- Replies: 5
- Views: 19976
Re: Rigging mobile antenna for home use
Thanks for the replies lads, I seem to get what you mean, its all to do with the groundplain,I will bolt it to the wall at the apex of the roof and run some wires like dragonfly has in his picture down to the ground and go from there,see what happens.
- Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:24 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Rigging mobile antenna for home use
- Replies: 5
- Views: 19976
Rigging mobile antenna for home use
Hi, newbie here.
Having just retired I am trying to rig up my CB kit from my truck, "Nato 40fm and Serio 5000 antenna" into my garage for home use, question is, do I bolt my antenna bracket on to the garage wall then run an earth cable to ground from the bracket or bolt a plate to wall to take a 7in ...
Having just retired I am trying to rig up my CB kit from my truck, "Nato 40fm and Serio 5000 antenna" into my garage for home use, question is, do I bolt my antenna bracket on to the garage wall then run an earth cable to ground from the bracket or bolt a plate to wall to take a 7in ...
