Search found 36 matches
- Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:09 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: ss6900 mic wiring for road devil?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2419
ss6900 mic wiring for road devil?
need a helping hand with this one haha, just purchased a ss6900 and my old road devil has a few wires that have come unsoldered and i'd like to wire it to the ss6900 but I have no idea about the layout of the wires and no idea about the colours and where they go haha

- Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:49 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: It annoys me when...
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4739
Re: It annoys me when...
For me its got to be the never ending echo units and ridiculous noise toys

- Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:48 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Finally got my K40 in working order :D
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2078
Finally got my K40 in working order :D
As the title states I now have my K40 in operational condition (not as I would like it) but waiting for a replacement part to come in the post :D
So far the K40 has attracted some pretty strange attention :) and I seem to get asked daily what its for and the looks I get as I drive past are ...
So far the K40 has attracted some pretty strange attention :) and I seem to get asked daily what its for and the looks I get as I drive past are ...
- Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:30 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Cobra uk 25 ltd st low transmit volume ??
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2255
Cobra uk 25 ltd st low transmit volume ??
Hi,
My Cobra uk 25 ltd st has a really quiet transmit output volume and was wondering if I should increase the modulation pot to become louder over the radiowaves ??
My Cobra uk 25 ltd st has a really quiet transmit output volume and was wondering if I should increase the modulation pot to become louder over the radiowaves ??
- Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:33 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Poor mans Talkback mod?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1828
Poor mans Talkback mod?
Hello all,
I've been doing some research on talkback mods and i've come across one that only takes a couple of seconds to acheive talk back in the radio. All it involves is removing the bottom cover of my CB and bridging the EXT. speaker jack and PA speaker jack with a 100 Ohm resistor, but I was ...
I've been doing some research on talkback mods and i've come across one that only takes a couple of seconds to acheive talk back in the radio. All it involves is removing the bottom cover of my CB and bridging the EXT. speaker jack and PA speaker jack with a 100 Ohm resistor, but I was ...
- Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Questions about first use
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2538
Re: Questions about first use
You're very welcome, Any further advice needed please feel free to just ask
. I've found this forum to be a super friendly and fast response to any questions that i've had in the past. But once again all the best with your CB 
- Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:26 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Questions about first use
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2538
Re: Questions about first use
Hi, It dosen't seem like your doing anything wrong but the cb radio hobby in the UK has gone fairly quiet over the years.
An SWR meter is a must if you ever upgrade the the antenna you already have or to just check if the antenna is in tune. If you cant get any radio contact you could always ask a ...
An SWR meter is a must if you ever upgrade the the antenna you already have or to just check if the antenna is in tune. If you cant get any radio contact you could always ask a ...
- Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:48 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Cofused over frequencies
- Replies: 13
- Views: 30471
Re: Cofused over frequencies
Just found this on a different website hope all this explains your questions :)
CB 27/81 - This is the original legal stamp for UK CB Radios. Introduced in 1981, the CBs with this stamp are only legal to use in the UK. Using FM and consists of the 40 channels we know and love, the 'muppet' band ...
CB 27/81 - This is the original legal stamp for UK CB Radios. Introduced in 1981, the CBs with this stamp are only legal to use in the UK. Using FM and consists of the 40 channels we know and love, the 'muppet' band ...
- Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:40 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Cobra uk 25 ltd st channel selector
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1620
Cobra uk 25 ltd st channel selector
I just bought a Cobra uk 25 ltd st and all of a sudden the channel selector switch feels really stiff and squeaky and I was wondering if there is anyway to clean the internals of the switch or should I search for a replacement switch?
- Tue May 13, 2014 7:06 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Cobra UK 29LTD ST tuneup info needed
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1836
Re: Cobra UK 29LTD ST tuneup info needed
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/cobra/29 ... td_sch.gif Hope this is what you are looking for 
And sorry about posting another websites link.
And sorry about posting another websites link.
- Tue May 13, 2014 5:13 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: k 30 magmount
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3864
Re: k 30 magmount
The K30 is pretty much identical to the K40 model, but the K30 has no quick release mechanism but incorporates a magmount directly onto the body and is much more aerodynamic 
- Tue May 13, 2014 11:50 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Starting to think I maybe all alone down here :(
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2121
Starting to think I maybe all alone down here :(
Is there any other CB users around the Hythe and greatstone area ?
It would be nice to hear some new voices instead of dead static.
It would be nice to hear some new voices instead of dead static.
- Tue May 13, 2014 11:21 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: K40 Antenna
- Replies: 17
- Views: 37499
Re: K40 Antenna
hi Breaker Breaker & all just a thought here if Breaker Breaker already has the coil & whip for the k40 wont Breaker Breaker only need the mag mount to screw the k40 on to :?: & for £25 not a bad price considering it is a expensive antenna & equipment & with it been a old original hell it be worth ...
Re: Car setup
I have a 2002 Corsa C with a Midland Alan 78+ with a k40 antenna. I have mine mounted in that little shelf just next to my right knee in the dashboard, The only problem I have is the 90 degree angle it sits at, but other than that its a perfect spot for a small-ish cb radio.
Hope this helps you ...
Hope this helps you ...
- Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:56 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Midland alan 78plus*
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1769
Midland alan 78plus*
Hello
I have and old 78plus laying about and was wondering if anyone knows if theres any mods that could be done to it ?
I have and old 78plus laying about and was wondering if anyone knows if theres any mods that could be done to it ?
