Search found 5 matches
- Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:11 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Home made antenna question.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 31310
Re: Home made antenna question.
Thanks for the advice, Update: I lowered the dipole for adjustment and noticed by accident I had swapped the top end to the bottom, the top being the length of wire the inner core of the coax is soldered to and the bottom being soldered to the wire shroud ( but also read somewhere it doesn't make a ...
- Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:40 am
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Home made antenna question.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 31310
Re: Home made antenna question.
Well I knocked the dipole on Friday and Im pleased to say after the first attempt it worked, but I put the SWR meter on and it was at just over 2 and just listening in it was bringing in a good few signals from quite respectable distances on a local-ish level, it was cold and I couldn't be bothered ...
- Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 am
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Home made antenna question.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 31310
Re: Home made antenna question.
I have everything from salvage but coax cable and gutted this may cost me about £10 but needs must, call me tight but I shall cry from one eye only to save water whilst handing the money over.
Thanks to dragonfly for food for thought I've decided to go with a dipole set up fixed to but easily ...
Thanks to dragonfly for food for thought I've decided to go with a dipole set up fixed to but easily ...
- Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:20 am
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Home made antenna question.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 31310
Re: Home made antenna question.
Hi Dragonfly I like the simplicity of this and will give it a go thanks.
Side note if my fiberglass pole is a tad short could I just twist the wire round it to take up the slack to get the same result?
Side note if my fiberglass pole is a tad short could I just twist the wire round it to take up the slack to get the same result?
- Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:43 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Home made antenna question.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 31310
Home made antenna question.
Hi guys new here and straight in with a question as Im old school but forgotten more than I know (memory not what it was) I've been hearing in July there's going to be some changes which has sparked my interest and after a quick rummage around the loft I came out clutching a Amstrad 901 and a small ...
