Search found 5 matches
- Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:45 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hello from South Wales
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11510
Re: Hello from South Wales
Hi there, I am also in South Wales. New to CB radio and its a bit quiet so far. I am in Barry and a few of us go on in the mornings. I am about 2 weeks into it, and heres how and why....I am aged 31, unemployed and trying to learn a skill. I decided to learn electronics as its always been a ...
- Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:23 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hi there Im Ben From South Wales
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2428
Hi there Im Ben From South Wales
I am from Barry South Wales, and I am learning electronics at home as an interest of mine. I became fascinated with electromagnetism, and radio waves etc so I started looking at little AM and FM radio circuits to make at home - to learn the basics of radio wave communication - transmitting and ...
- Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:59 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: What is Mic Keying please?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 8288
What is Mic Keying please?
A friend set me up with my first CB today (Realistic TRC-2001), needs some repair work but perfect as a project to get into this hobby and learn the fundamentals.
Anyway, I was at his house and he was showing off his workshop....very impressive with lots of gear in there, and he uses CB, Ham ...
Anyway, I was at his house and he was showing off his workshop....very impressive with lots of gear in there, and he uses CB, Ham ...
- Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:15 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Transistor Testing Help please???
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7520
Re: Transistor Testing Help please???
OK so I have done a little further research and I may have been looking at the wrong type of transistors....
There are the little black 3 pinned ones, but there are also 2 bigger transistors (they look like a LM317 voltage regulator)
So the 2 of these are a Power transistor....and an Audio Amp ...
There are the little black 3 pinned ones, but there are also 2 bigger transistors (they look like a LM317 voltage regulator)
So the 2 of these are a Power transistor....and an Audio Amp ...
- Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:48 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Transistor Testing Help please???
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7520
Transistor Testing Help please???
Model Number: REALISTIC TRC-2001 TRANSISTOR PROBLEM
Board Number: PA-034AA
Problem: FAULTY TRANSISTOR
OK so I am a CB newbie and please bare with me. I am learning electronics and know the basics - enough to get by with building my own little circuits etc. At first I wanted to learn about radios ...
Board Number: PA-034AA
Problem: FAULTY TRANSISTOR
OK so I am a CB newbie and please bare with me. I am learning electronics and know the basics - enough to get by with building my own little circuits etc. At first I wanted to learn about radios ...
