Search found 27 matches
- Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm
- Forum: PMR446 Section
- Topic: Midland G7 xrt and mitex pmr446
- Replies: 0
- Views: 16486
Midland G7 xrt and mitex pmr446
Hi there I have a pair of midland g7 xrt and a pair of mitex 446pmr radios at the moment they run on the normal 500mw power but I understand that you can mod these radios. With the g7s I understand all you have to do is snip the loop jp3 to open up the radio to 3 watts power. Just wanted to no if ...
- Thu May 09, 2013 10:57 pm
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: My Ford Transit
- Replies: 10
- Views: 18875
Re: My Ford Transit
Sounds good mate iv tryed to get people involved but no one seems intrested anymore. Or they don't want a big arial on there car. But I will always have my radio in my van even though it is dead most of the time. You never no when your gonna hit a big old stand still on the roads. You can normally ...
- Thu May 09, 2013 9:11 pm
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: My Ford Transit
- Replies: 10
- Views: 18875
Re: My Ford Transit
Mine is on the 40 ch UK FM band mate.unfortunately It is pretty quiet on the roads get the occasional copy. but channel 19 where I live is always clogged up with base stations pumping out loads of watts just keying over everyone. But keep trying mate cause some time you do meet some good people out ...
- Thu May 09, 2013 1:27 pm
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: My Ford Transit
- Replies: 10
- Views: 18875
Re: My Ford Transit
Thank you Wildfire. And also thank you for all your input on my other posts and questions too. I'm gonna have to hold fire on that gutter mount etc funds are a bit low at the moment but Ill have some fun with wat I have at the moment. Cheers mate 
- Thu May 09, 2013 1:20 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Ofcom - ECC Decision on AM SSB CB apparatus
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17521
Re: Ofcom - ECC Decision on AM SSB CB apparatus
Thank very much needle bender I think I understand now. So the differant modes available on multi band radios are just the differant transmitting powers allowed in differant European countries. So for example if I had 2 radios one set to eu am and one set to Spanish am on the same channel you could ...
- Thu May 09, 2013 11:39 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: High SWR
- Replies: 20
- Views: 11337
Re: High SWR
That's great I'm going to try one on sat. I see your location is sanderstead I myself live in Balham but my grandad lives in sanderstead/south Croydon just of Carlton road and I'm going to visit my parents in Caterham on the hill on sat so maybe ill give u a call out on the raidio on sat for a good ...
- Thu May 09, 2013 10:17 am
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: My Ford Transit
- Replies: 10
- Views: 18875
Re: My Ford Transit
Hi wildfire I can't seem to edit the post for some reason but I will try to repost the pics in this post . For some reason the pics came out a bit blury when I uploaded them in photobucket. Ill try these ones again and if there no good I will take some new picturs when I get home tonight. :)
http ...
http ...
- Thu May 09, 2013 9:41 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Ofcom - ECC Decision on AM SSB CB apparatus
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17521
Re: Ofcom - ECC Decision on AM SSB CB apparatus
Hi needle bender thanks for your reply. I'm not to clued up on all the different bands and frequencys I'm quite new to cb and I'm not old enough to have enjoyed the fun that most people had in the 70's and early 80's when everybody was useing the am radios but I think you have answered my question I ...
- Wed May 08, 2013 11:47 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: High SWR
- Replies: 20
- Views: 11337
Re: High SWR
Yes it's a fixed mount I drilled a hole in the van. I did remove that extra earth cable. I do have a mag mount which I tried but seemed to still get the high swr although it was a bit better. I do have a gutter on my van so that could be an option. But I do prefer the fixed body mounts as I like to ...
- Wed May 08, 2013 10:57 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: High SWR
- Replies: 20
- Views: 11337
Re: High SWR
I totally agree with you I have the spring for my firesticks but I think it looks a bit of an eye saw on my van they look great on big American trucks though. I would love to use my orbiter but for some reason I just can't get a low swr on my transit! I think it's getting reflection from the roof ...
- Wed May 08, 2013 9:23 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: High SWR
- Replies: 20
- Views: 11337
Re: High SWR
Hi wildfire thanks for your input. I do have a supernova knocking about somewhere but I don't no what iv done with it. I have so many antennas I have bought over the past 5 years. I have a trucker 80, a orbiter, sirio performer 600, supernova, 3ft firestik, 4ft Firestick and now the omega 27 which ...
- Wed May 08, 2013 8:03 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Ofcom - ECC Decision on AM SSB CB apparatus
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17521
Re: Ofcom - ECC Decision on AM SSB CB apparatus
Hi guys I only been useing cb for the last 5 years and don't have much experience with AM I'd say I'm still leaning my self about cb radio I must have tryed and bought 10 antennas trying to get it right! But do you think if they legalise the am band will many people will switch back to am? And will ...
- Wed May 01, 2013 1:09 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: High SWR
- Replies: 20
- Views: 11337
Re: High SWR
Thanks for all your help and great recommendation!
Will be looking forward to getting out on the road and hopefully get talking to some friendly breakers!
Will be looking forward to getting out on the road and hopefully get talking to some friendly breakers!
- Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 pm
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: My Ford Transit
- Replies: 10
- Views: 18875
My Ford Transit
My Ford Tansit
Midland 48 plus and omega 27
http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Lone-ranger1/image_zps0e0c59cd.jpg.html?o=1
http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Lone-ranger1/image_zps21765447.jpg.html?o=2
http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Lone-ranger1/image ...
Midland 48 plus and omega 27
http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Lone-ranger1/image_zps0e0c59cd.jpg.html?o=1
http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Lone-ranger1/image_zps21765447.jpg.html?o=2
http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Lone-ranger1/image ...
- Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:26 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: High SWR
- Replies: 20
- Views: 11337
Re: High SWR
Hi guys put up my new omega 27 today. I'm getting great low swr on it! But the only problem is I'm not even getting a reading on uk channel 1 on the mid band channel 1 I'm getting 1.2 and uk40 I'm getting 1.2 channel 19uk I'm getting 1.1 is this ok? Or do I need to tamper with it more? I'm just not ...
