Heya,
I was planning to donate my pair of Xtreme Slimtalk SL-01P PMR446es (now sold as the Intel SL-02) radios to the kids next door, but it seems the batteries have karked it.
I recall they did this once before where the charge was too low for them to register for recharging, but that there was ...
Search found 58 matches
- Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:46 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Intek SL-02 Battery dead?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3158
Re: comtron 8
Not a clue.
I tried Googling it, but only found 2 references - This thread and some other forum where a guy mentions that his wife once had a Comtron 8!
I tried Googling it, but only found 2 references - This thread and some other forum where a guy mentions that his wife once had a Comtron 8!
- Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:40 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Homebase for New(ish)bie?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6778
Re: Homebase for New(ish)bie?
Will let ya know once I actually buy one
Been kinda busy buying stuff to make the rest of the house work, first.
Been kinda busy buying stuff to make the rest of the house work, first.
- Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:30 pm
- Forum: PMR446 Section
- Topic: Midland G8 PMR446
- Replies: 8
- Views: 25963
Re: Midland G8 PMR446
Higher quality... and who is going to buy a high quality radio?
A serious radio user who already knows what CTCSS is.
For the lower end fringe user who just wants a cheap radio, I doubt they will give a damn.
Calling them 'channels' just makes it easier for their target market.
But, if it ...
A serious radio user who already knows what CTCSS is.
For the lower end fringe user who just wants a cheap radio, I doubt they will give a damn.
Calling them 'channels' just makes it easier for their target market.
But, if it ...
- Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:25 pm
- Forum: PMR446 Section
- Topic: pmr
- Replies: 13
- Views: 23981
Re: pmr
Line of sight, I guess it performed fine.
I'm just surprised they didn't use CTCSS or a more professional one with encrypted transmission.
I'm just surprised they didn't use CTCSS or a more professional one with encrypted transmission.
- Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:55 am
- Forum: PMR446 Section
- Topic: pmr
- Replies: 13
- Views: 23981
Re: pmr
I have a pair of Xtreme Slimtalk handsets and a pair of TTi PMR200W watch radios.
Neither are great. The Slimtalks were intended for motorcycle use.
Sometimes you get good TX, other times it's weak and distorted even under 20 yards at 40mph. Mine sits in an old ankle holster strapped to my knee ...
Neither are great. The Slimtalks were intended for motorcycle use.
Sometimes you get good TX, other times it's weak and distorted even under 20 yards at 40mph. Mine sits in an old ankle holster strapped to my knee ...
- Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:44 am
- Forum: PMR446 Section
- Topic: Midland G8 PMR446
- Replies: 8
- Views: 25963
Re: Midland G8 PMR446
I think they're referred to as 'channels' for simplicity.
Most people who buy PMRs won't understand (or care) about what CTCSS is and how it works. They just want a radio to play with. This is why the packages claim things like 'up to 4km', when the reality is less than 40 yards in some ...
Most people who buy PMRs won't understand (or care) about what CTCSS is and how it works. They just want a radio to play with. This is why the packages claim things like 'up to 4km', when the reality is less than 40 yards in some ...
- Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:39 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Idea to get rid of spam
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3674
Re: Idea to get rid of spam
OK, sounds fair... let's give it a go!
- Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Idea to get rid of spam
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3674
Re: Idea to get rid of spam
You ask a question only a CBer might know and newbies like me probably won't know the answer.
You'd have to make it very simple and easy.
You'd have to make it very simple and easy.
- Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:10 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: spam attack
- Replies: 23
- Views: 7931
Re: spam attack
For my forums, I grabbed a list from an anti-spam site of email addresses and IPs that were known spammers, added them to the Ban List and my spam dropped dramatically.
- Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:08 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Idea to get rid of spam
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3674
Re: Idea to get rid of spam
And lose all new members in one fell swoop?Guzzy wrote:Ask a question only a CBer would know the answer to. 8)
- Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:36 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Calling All Military Vehicle Users!!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 8614
Re: Calling All Military Vehicle Users!!
Just EGP, or does the ERF do the same?stampman wrote:PROBLEM WITH EPG IS THEY SEEM TO RESTRICT the incoming signal so they are ok if you dont need great range and will give a perfect swr
Always found my EGP receives rather nicely... I've had a good 15 miles from within a town of crowded, high buildings!
- Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Calling All Military Vehicle Users!!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 8614
Re: Calling All Military Vehicle Users!!
Thunderpole used to do them, which is where I got mine. Dunno why they stopped as these things are great.
Closest TP have is the aforementioned ERF kit, which does the same thing but has that lower antenna creating what I believe is effectively a dipole. Just be careful of the lower part.
And I ...
Closest TP have is the aforementioned ERF kit, which does the same thing but has that lower antenna creating what I believe is effectively a dipole. Just be careful of the lower part.
And I ...
- Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:17 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Calling All Military Vehicle Users!!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 8614
Re: Calling All Military Vehicle Users!!
TP also used to do an EGP (Electronic Ground Plane) mount, which I found worked amazingly on the bike. Still using it, in fact!
- Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:46 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Calling All Military Vehicle Users!!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 8614
Re: Calling All Military Vehicle Users!!
RAF Burtonwood near Warrington has closed now. But up until the early 90s the warehouse was full of new Jeeps of that kind. When i say new they were probably 40 yrs old then but never used. Wonder to this day who got their hands on them.
Bet there was a racket going on somewhere when they ...
Bet there was a racket going on somewhere when they ...
