Intek H520 connected to ext. amplifier

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
irony
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:37 am

I have a Intek H520 and after I tuned the antenna I measured the TX
power and it was around 3W. The antenna is a magnetic mount type Sirio
MiniSnake27 and it has 10W continuos and 40W for short time. The
problem is: I would like to mount an amplifier to increase the TX
power because the reception is far longer than TX range (it is normal
since many truckers use extra amplifiers ). I know that if you connect
an amplifier you need a 90 cm patch lead but the the radio is already
connected through cigarette adaptor which has around 90 cm itself. Do
I need the patch lead? What should I do? And again: will the radio
support the amplifier? I was thinking about RM KL40 to use or RM KL
203 In which cases to lower the output power of the radio. I will
reduce the TX power from the radio till 0.1 W to stay around the power
that antenna can support. Some people told me that the radio will fail
because it is a probability that the pre final transistor from the
radio can not open the final transistor from the amplifier.
I wait for you`r replay and I thank you in advance!
Luci Salajan
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

stick a wilson 1000 or hi-power4000 on will wotk a lot better with out all the kerfuffel and messing about


:D :D :D :D *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
simonthewizard
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:55 am

And be careful of the car adapter, it does get very hot and dealers here even had cases where they failed and some of the surrounding melted due to the excess heat
Post Reply