Burners

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

I have no intention of buying one [-X but was just wondering how are they wired up :roll:

cheers Tony
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

hi tony well you need a pach lead ( foot of coax ) and a good power supply or to run it on a car battery
just connect the antenna to the ant part of the burner and and the pach lead to the other and your ok
but make sure your cb is putting out the right power :)
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

Thank you Mr Paul for your reply, If I was say going to put a 100 watt amp in a car would I have to put thick power leads to the battery or does the amp come with suitable power leads to do the job.
Could I wire the amp into the supply going to the radio as this turns off with the car or will it toast by ignition.

Cheers Tony
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

Make sure your swr is very low. 8) 8)
26 TANGO MIKE 501
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

better going to the battery as you can use a thicker wire run it through a solinoid if you whant it to switch off with the ignition

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

OK Cheers guys
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

porky.69 wrote:hi tony well you need a pach lead ( foot of coax ) and a good power supply or to run it on a car battery
just connect the antenna to the ant part of the burner and and the pach lead to the other and your ok
but make sure your cb is putting out the right power :)
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

hi the burner will come with a meter of power lead so you might after join it
but DONT run the burner of the same power supply as the cb ..it might pay to buy a
bigger one that will power the burner like a 10 or 15 amp *King*
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

A meter of cable will probably be long enough and I take it it'll be thick enough for the amp, so that'll be fine. :)

Cheers Tony
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

Are you thinking of getting a amp then.
26 TANGO MIKE 501
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

i was going to get one but i need another power pack
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

White Magic wrote:A meter of cable will probably be long enough and I take it it'll be thick enough for the amp, so that'll be fine. :)

Cheers Tony
yes it comes from the back of the amp and then the pach lead into the cb radio and the other end of the pach lead into the amp
and the antenna also into the amp :wink: but how are you going to power the burner ?
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

Its actually going on my motorbike, I have a danita 3000 multi on it ( see gallery"My Motorbike rig") I'm thinking of tucking it inside the fairing out of the way under the rig. I'd like to put it there and forget about it. Once its fitted I will not be able to get at it usless I take the bike apart. Ideally I want it to go off when I turn the bike off, I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet, switch etc. If I wire it straight to the battery and forget to turn it off I'll be pushing the bike down the road the next day trying to start it. I'm looking at wiring it through the solanoid as Stampman suggested but would be happier if I left the workings of the bike alone in case the bikes dies on me in the middle of no where.
Any ideas guys

cheers Tony
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

stampman wrote:better going to the battery as you can use a thicker wire run it through a solinoid if you whant it to switch off with the ignition

*King* *King* *King* *King*
:D
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

White Magic wrote:Its actually going on my motorbike, I have a danita 3000 multi on it ( see gallery"My Motorbike rig") I'm thinking of tucking it inside the fairing out of the way under the rig. I'd like to put it there and forget about it. Once its fitted I will not be able to get at it usless I take the bike apart. Ideally I want it to go off when I turn the bike off, I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet, switch etc. If I wire it straight to the battery and forget to turn it off I'll be pushing the bike down the road the next day trying to start it. I'm looking at wiring it through the solanoid as Stampman suggested but would be happier if I left the workings of the bike alone in case the bikes dies on me in the middle of no where.
Any ideas guys

cheers Tony
good luck with it tony ...hope it works out :)
Post Reply