Thunderpole Forum Members on the Air

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

nice one steve glad its worked out for you :wink: be around 10 am buy the time i get setup
User avatar
disgwylfa
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:58 pm
CB Handle: 186-TM-555


.'

Bit poor for skip today - just one to two pillocks whistling on the 555
(why, oh why can't they drop a few KHz to do their Mod Checks?)
and now someone's playing really depressing music on the 555

Makes a change to switch on and NOT hear a thousand Italians competing for air space.

Was hoping to do a bit of Wild Boar huntin' on the 555 today - and came loaded for Pork (y.69) ;)
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

nice one steve pleasure to have a qso at long last !!!!! ( ranger was very good ...see the ranger thread ) :wink: :D
Offplanet
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:19 pm

Missed you Porky once again - I was on from about 12.30, but I had a few jobs to do, so not at the radio as much as I would have liked (my radio being an old Stalker 9, I can't work the zeros or Alpha channels which doesn't help)

I did manage a copy to Liechtenstein, but nothing much else.

I'll be on again on tomorrow (Sunday) from about 10:30 or so.

Cheers.
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

hi mate sorry i missed you to but did have a nice chat to steve tm 555 ..but being that high up i could hear for miles away :D
Offplanet
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:19 pm

I should be on 555, or nearby, this Sunday 21st June.

I will also be flicking around the other bands, as I've had some good contacts on FM on the EU block lately and some tidy Sporadic E skip contacts on UK FM last Sunday too.

Maybe catch some Forum members on-air.

Cheers
Gary
26-TM-2307
hobgobblin
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:42 pm
CB Handle: Hobgobblin
Location: Isle of Bute

Yeah, I'll be on-air this Sunday a.m. too....I'll try 555 again, although it was SOOO busy last Sunday, I wondered if any of you wanted to arrange to be on another channel at a certain time to try and make contact??? :)
HOBGOBBLIN
"Others looked at radio and saw a
gadget; his genius lay in his capacity
to look at the same thing . . . but
to see far more." Nelson A Rockefeller
User avatar
Firetrap
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:47 pm
CB Handle: FireTrap 26CT100
Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire
Contact:

Im up for that! Got my new antenna up now! 8)
Offplanet
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:19 pm

I see quite a lot of the Thunderpole members are becoming Tango Mike members, plus quite a few of us on here have been in the group for some time too.

The Tango Mike group seem to favour UK Channel 25, which would seem to be a good choice if any of us want to put a call out for each other or want to choose a channel for some DX calls - a good choice if SSB and the EU channels become too noisy, and perfect for those of us that have 40ch rigs (Ch 19 is too busy around here for it to be of use).

Either that, or the old Channel 14 calling channel?

Some good DX to be had on the UK block as there's some Sporadic E skip running - I just managed a contact into Scotland on UK Ch 25 from Somerset using just a 4ft Firestick on the patio (his name was Stuart, but the skip faded before I could get his exact location - if anyone else heard him, please let me know where he was situated (8pm Sat 20th June)).

There's another couple of TM members who run a net on Ch31 from the Hull area at about 6pm on a Sunday night - I managed to get to them last Sunday via the skip, and they're a couple of top blokes (I'll be giving it another go this Sunday too at 6pm or so).

Cheers
Gary
26-TM-2307
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

anyone about
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

no lol
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

well it's very low on most bands at the minuite
User avatar
jonny66
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:49 pm
CB Handle: stingray
Location: Kent

whats the 000s and alpha chanels?
26-TM-204
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

alpha channels are the ones they use to control radio models on the mid band which is why the frequancies run out of sync



*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

usefull mind !!
Post Reply