how are home cb radios powered?
-
muffmatics
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:27 pm
Hello I am new to cb radios and I am thinking about obtaining a set up. I have two questions. Firstly most products appear to be aimed for vehicles which would be powered from the battery. I would like a set-up for my home, how would this be powered? My second question is what sort of set-up/equipment is most likely to interfere with my neighbours (music) FM radio that he constantly plays way to loud. This is one of my reasons for getting a cb radio. Would I be better off with a hand held? Any help on this matter will be welcomed.
A 3 -5 amp Altai powersupply will give your CB homebase radio 13.8 volts. http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/power_supp ... 2amps.html
If u have a PC powersupply laid about u could modify it and get 12 volts from it till u get hold of a propper powersupply
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/forum/view ... 942#p22942
Here is a spare CB in the garage that i power with a Computer powersupply ,
Ive atatched a car cigar lighter female socket to the power supply for quick swapovers.

If u have a PC powersupply laid about u could modify it and get 12 volts from it till u get hold of a propper powersupply
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/forum/view ... 942#p22942
Here is a spare CB in the garage that i power with a Computer powersupply ,
Ive atatched a car cigar lighter female socket to the power supply for quick swapovers.

-
joe jeep
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 110
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:22 pm
- CB Handle: Joe-Jeep
- Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex
Dragonfly wrote:A 3 -5 amp Altai powersupply will give your CB homebase radio 13.8 volts. http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/power_supp ... 2amps.html
If u have a PC powersupply laid about u could modify it and get 12 volts from it till u get hold of a propper powersupply
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/forum/view ... 942#p22942
Here is a spare CB in the garage that i power with a Computer powersupply ,
Ive atatched a car cigar lighter female socket to the power supply for quick swapovers.
That's what i'd like to do with my setup, I want a cigar plug on my Lake ManXman (so I could use it in a vehicle if need be), connected to a powersupply but, I don't know where to get a power supply that coverts 230v ac to 13.2v dc. I'd like a powersupply that I could hardwire a cigarette socket onto it, so it is purely used for that purpose of a cigarette socket from a mains (and for ease of use).
If you have any ideas of where to get a powersupply that converts 230v ac to 12v dc that I could wire a cigarette socket to please let me know.
Handle:Joe-Jeep
Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex.
On either UK19 or if you cant find me there try UK26.
Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex.
On either UK19 or if you cant find me there try UK26.


