Coming back on.

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
steve70
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 pm

After about 26 years I've just bought myself a new CB. :)

Been into a bit of scanning the last year and listening to the Hams recently made me think about joining in with them, but was not sure about the formality of it all.
That made me reminisce about the old CB days (albeit legal then) and tuning in. Pretty dead I know, but heard one guy local to me chatting to somone else who I couldn't hear.
Then I looked around the net and saw that CB wasn't totaly dead, in fact looking at this forum, I sense a comeback!
Anyway, I took the plunge and bought myself a rig.

All I need now is a handle. :lol:

Steve
snowman
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: barrow suffolk

jump on mate! n welcome.
freebanders do it anywhere :)
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hi and welcome


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Offplanet
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:19 pm

Certainly many more on the CB now than when I came back on about 2 years ago - don't know where you are, but try Channel 32 on a Sunday afternoon between 2pm and 4pm - the Sunday DX net runs on there every week with plenty joining in :wink:

With less people on than the 80's, try to use the best antenna you possibly can or head up to high ground to pull the stations in.
User avatar
26-TM-037
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Offplanet wrote:Certainly many more on the CB now than when I came back on about 2 years ago - d

2 years Gary is that all :shock: ...seems like you've been around for years :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Image
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Welcome to the forum, and back to CB radio!

Andy :wink:
Post Reply