Yaesu MH-59A8J Mic not working on my FT857D

General amateur radio advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
User avatar
Bionic Budgie
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:13 pm
CB Handle: Bionic Budgie
Location: Diss, Norfolk

Hi,
I have just bought the Yaesu MH-59A8J remote mic for my FT857D, changed the mic settings on the menu to RTM as instructed, plugged it in..nothin'.. The only thing that works is the PTT and the red button that switches the radio on/off. I contacted Yaesu and they said it is most likely a fault with the radio not powering it. I put a meter on pin 2 (ground) and pin 6 and it said 4.9 volts (near as damn it 5v). I am now stumped:-( Any ideas guys before I box it back up and send it back? :(
Ian
G0YAP
Diss
My Only Worry Is That When I Die..My Wife Will Sell My Radio Gear For What I Told Her I'd Paid For It!
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

this is a hands on problem easier just to get it exchanged


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
snowman
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: barrow suffolk

maybe you could plug it into a nice plasma tv and change the channels??
freebanders do it anywhere :)
User avatar
Bionic Budgie
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:13 pm
CB Handle: Bionic Budgie
Location: Diss, Norfolk

snowman wrote:maybe you could plug it into a nice plasma tv and change the channels??
OMG!!! Wheres the needle and thread...I,ve just split my side!!!! :lol:
My Only Worry Is That When I Die..My Wife Will Sell My Radio Gear For What I Told Her I'd Paid For It!
Post Reply