needle bender wrote:....so get real make the most of 11 metres...and be thankful that someone has got us all mode at long last ...and it wasn't some moaning brit either!!!.... remember action talks...not wishful thinking or moaning...

If we get this I am thinking positively it has come via the ETSI which is based in Europe but AFAIK the actual testing was done here in the UK with a few British technicians involved
Action???? Moaning Brits ????

People here campained for years for a legal AM/FM CB but the authorities would not back down not even when the technical argument was lost regarding potential for harmful interference.They then said not required,not needed ,
The original CEPT allocation was eventually obtained through the UK membership of the C.E.P.T in Europe and not through our lobbying as our Authority just does not seem to listen

Two useless petitions to downing street (one of them MINE

)just went to prove this.
Dont believe that we did not write to a few people as well in authority regarding this and other issues in the past

I have already done this argument to death over on transmission1

I have always sought legality for radio operators long before becoming a radio amatuer.(This is the way forward
dont you think NB????? .) I started out when cb was illegal and you had to fear that dreaded knock on the door.

This is why a lot of us campained for LEGAL cb,better antennas,no power restriction above a certain height and legal AM/SSB for the citizens band .

I'm not getting involved in any ham against cb rubbish

we have far too much of this shameful stuff on radio as it is eg foundation operators being called cornflake packet licence holders etc Cb operators around here telling me I should stick on 'radio ham' and not use the cb at all to have a chat
Its just snobbery
you would sign up to a campain to adopt the pmr band as another UHF cb band thats great I have nothing to add to what has already been said on this thread. If we actually get it many of the transceivers and equiptment could/would be imported from Australia ... so not toys at all !