Hi
Does anyone know how active CB is now in Exeter? We used to have some really nice breakers here.
Cheers
Steve
Breakers in Exeter?
Try Ch38 on UK FM - apparently a popular channel down in Devon and also Ch28 FM Mids from 9pm on Saturday nights (also known as CEPT and EU block). The Ch28 net is the Papa Limas which often has participants from Devon and they sometimes have a late shift from midnight onwards concentrated around Exeter. If there's noise on Ch28 Mids, they sometimes move to Ch28 or 30 UK, so worth having a listen around 
-
sjmoore1977
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm
Hi
Many thanks for the information. I used to have a cb radio whilst growing up in Exeter several years back now.
I'm now a licensed ham usually floating around on 2 metres or 70CM. But that doesn't mean I have anything against CB and I often wonder what happend to some of the breakers I used to spend hours talking to.
I am considering getting another CB radio, but I am a blind operator. I've actually posted a question in the CB radio forum regarding CB radios with the chat back board facility.
Do you remember the boards you used to fit to rigs to read out and announce the channel and modes of the rig for blind users? I can't seem to find one anywhere and I can't believe that none of the Cb radio manufacturers don't cater for blind users anymore. I can't even get one from Ebay.
If I could get hold of one of the old chat back boards and a decent radio I would be happy to pay someone to mod it for me so that I could access the uk and european bands. Anyway please see my post in the CB Radio section. Unfortunately no one has replied! But if you are able to help please let me know.
It would be nice to get another CB. Particularly if there is activity in the area.
Cheers,
Steve
Many thanks for the information. I used to have a cb radio whilst growing up in Exeter several years back now.
I'm now a licensed ham usually floating around on 2 metres or 70CM. But that doesn't mean I have anything against CB and I often wonder what happend to some of the breakers I used to spend hours talking to.
I am considering getting another CB radio, but I am a blind operator. I've actually posted a question in the CB radio forum regarding CB radios with the chat back board facility.
Do you remember the boards you used to fit to rigs to read out and announce the channel and modes of the rig for blind users? I can't seem to find one anywhere and I can't believe that none of the Cb radio manufacturers don't cater for blind users anymore. I can't even get one from Ebay.
If I could get hold of one of the old chat back boards and a decent radio I would be happy to pay someone to mod it for me so that I could access the uk and european bands. Anyway please see my post in the CB Radio section. Unfortunately no one has replied! But if you are able to help please let me know.
It would be nice to get another CB. Particularly if there is activity in the area.
Cheers,
Steve
ther use to be a cb shop that kept the chat back for white stick operators but he closed down quite a few years since
so i then your only hope is to find one in a scrap rig you may have local breakers who will take the time and tell you what channel you are on or use an older cb and count the clicks on the channel selector always remembering which channel you left it on all the best in your search for the chat back unit

so i then your only hope is to find one in a scrap rig you may have local breakers who will take the time and tell you what channel you are on or use an older cb and count the clicks on the channel selector always remembering which channel you left it on all the best in your search for the chat back unit
if it anit broke dont fix it
- wildfire
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 335
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 pm
- CB Handle: wildfire.
- Location: United Kindom.
hi steve
i am searching around google for you buddy but only thing i have come across is RF LIMITED CB RADIO ULTIMATE TALK BACK BOARD UTB1 but the problem is the store is in america
shame that manufacturer don`t make radios with TALK BACK BOARDs for our blind operators anymore
i am searching around google for you buddy but only thing i have come across is RF LIMITED CB RADIO ULTIMATE TALK BACK BOARD UTB1 but the problem is the store is in america
hi wildfire
think andy would not mind in this case if you posted contact details of the site on here so enquireys could be made if it will fit the radio and if it is possable to ship over here

think andy would not mind in this case if you posted contact details of the site on here so enquireys could be made if it will fit the radio and if it is possable to ship over here
if it anit broke dont fix it
-
moonhead74
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:39 pm
Hi Steve I live in Exeter and I’m a breakersjmoore1977 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:50 pm Hi
Does anyone know how active CB is now in Exeter? We used to have some really nice breakers here.
Cheers
Steve
-
moonhead74
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:39 pm
I’ll be on frequency tonight, hoping to speak to some people here in Exeter, my handle is Blue Biker


