My Audioline 340

A place for pics, either of your setup, your vehicle, yourself or anything else!
Post Reply
Sundown
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 am

It's was my rig of choice back in the day. I've had all the Rotels, a York jcb863, audioline 341 and all sorts of cheap midlands and kernows. This wee unit was my all time favourite, hence why I still have it.

I wired it up today after an absence of 15 years and it still works, but I felt a bit deflated after it to discover that nobody is on the airwaves these days :cry: it was mobbed back in the early to mid 90's.

Image
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Yes i agree they are the best , My very first rig was the Uniden Uniace 100 which regretfully i sold but i still have a 340 Audioline in my collection .
Sundown
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 am

Dragonfly wrote:Yes i agree they are the best , My very first rig was the Uniden Uniace 100 which regretfully i sold but i still have a 340 Audioline in my collection .
They were basically the exact same inside were they not? I wanted a uniden but people held onto them back in the day, and they were expensive. When I got this one, I was so chuffed, it was just the right size for sitting on my bedside cabinet and it was great for bleed over in a street full of other cb users. It wasn't the uniden I wanted but it was as close as I could get.
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

The Uniace would fry your ears with its white noise , The 340 is easier on the ears with its low tone buton .Appart from this button they were the same radio .
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

good old classic radio :D
User avatar
Mr Benz
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:56 pm

Dragonfly wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 pm The Uniace would fry your ears with its white noise , The 340 is easier on the ears with its low tone buton .Appart from this button they were the same radio .
That's why you could buy the Uniace 200 , which had the low tone button and a few other things , basically same rig as the Audioline 341 . The 340/Uniace 100 fitted perfectly in place of the ashtray in a Triumph Herald But you had to isolate from the car body as the car was positive earth , and use an insulated mag mount antenna .
Post Reply