solar panels

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
spectra
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: LEICESTER

My house backs onto oap bungalows and about 2 month ago the council installed solar panels and during the day my transmission is being accompanied by a hum to the receiver but as it gets dark its ok, do you think it could be the electrics of the panels interfering with my signal as it only started after they installed the panels.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

well this is a brand new problem must confess i have never come across it so will waite and see if anyone has a similar problem and more importantly an answer


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
JoseGonzalez
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:26 am

spectra wrote:My house backs onto oap bungalows and about 2 month ago the council installed solar panels and during the day my transmission is being accompanied by a hum to the receiver but as it gets dark its ok, do you think it could be the electrics of the panels interfering with my signal as it only started after they installed the panels.
It could be as there is no other way of facing disturbance.. I am looking to install solar panels on my home roof and will take care of it.
Last edited by JoseGonzalez on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

I looked into solar panels and found another problem with them is when they switch over back to mains as it gets dark the electric cuts off momenterally so computers and TV,s go off , They can also switch back to mains during the day if you exceed the output of the panels by using the cooker oven and kettle at the same time . I didn't bother having them fitted in the end .
spectra
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: LEICESTER

The council that fitted them refused to rectify the problem, I even relocation my antron further away and higher, in the end I gave in and sold up but before I did i tried different rigs and antennas to see if they were affected and were so i am no longer into cb radio.
OtisWells
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:31 am

spectra wrote:My house backs onto oap bungalows and about 2 month ago the council installed solar panel and during the day my transmission is being accompanied by a hum to the receiver but as it gets dark its ok, do you think it could be the electrics of the panels interfering with my signal as it only started after they installed the panels.
Seems like very strange problem.. Were you able to sort it out?
davejay100
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:46 am

I,ve had 16 panels fitted to my roof these last two years, and I certainly get no interuption of current whatsoever when the sun goes down. I also have a 2 element Moxon beam fitted three feet above the roof ridge just a few feet above these panels and I do not get a glimmer of interference in my 11 meter band transceiver.
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

thats good news
Post Reply