Getting back into it...
I have been thinking about "bigger is better" when it comes to my antenna, i know my old silver rod back in the day kicked ass so it think i might go back down that route, but on a hinge.
My thoughts are this, my CB is only on when i am working in my garage/ workshop so i am thinking of fabricating a hinged pole that i can leave a fully erected silver rod on and move horizontal and vertical when in and out of use.
I don't want it on show all the time and the my boundary is long enough to house something like this, i will give it more thought and keep you posted if i do it
My thoughts are this, my CB is only on when i am working in my garage/ workshop so i am thinking of fabricating a hinged pole that i can leave a fully erected silver rod on and move horizontal and vertical when in and out of use.
I don't want it on show all the time and the my boundary is long enough to house something like this, i will give it more thought and keep you posted if i do it
- Clouddancer
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:27 pm
Yes the Thunderpole CB Map is excellent.
You can enter you Handle or Callsign into it and see
other breakers in your area or in UK as a whole.
I note in Morecambe /Lancaster there is not so many about.
I find south of Lancaster there is more Breakers, hence I visit Jubilee tower
where I can contact them including Truckers.
CB is not entirely dead but quieter to what it has been which is not a bad thing.
You can enter you Handle or Callsign into it and see
other breakers in your area or in UK as a whole.
I note in Morecambe /Lancaster there is not so many about.
I find south of Lancaster there is more Breakers, hence I visit Jubilee tower
where I can contact them including Truckers.
CB is not entirely dead but quieter to what it has been which is not a bad thing.
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
Yes the Uniden 200 was a 40 channel UK radio, and the UK channels are still the same.
Andy.
Andy.
Just started the route to starting again. I am waiting for a Cobra 148 GTL from USA. I have bought it untested for spares so
your guess is as good as mine what it will be like. Hope it isn't a brick. Anyway it will be fixed even a poor cheap Chinese takeaway - the bad bits can be replaced. Anyone know a good radio engineer? So it could take weeks and weeks to get the rig working. Any suggestions what i should do with it?? careful! I mean Antenna. well that is the long and short of it.. give me a shout out
Watch this space 
- Clouddancer
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:27 pm
Hi and welcome to the Forum.
As said Harrier is a good rig.
I use a Rotel 240 and a Thunderpole T-800 which I consider a great basic little Radio.
Like you came back into CB after many years.
Sadly there are not many Breakers in my area.
However I often visit Jubilee Tower near Lancaster and get out quite well on 4 Watts
due to the fact it is 700/800 ft high.
So far have copies to Blackpool, Preston, Blackburn, Leyland, Chorley, Rivington, Eccleston, Southport and Crosby.
Two Antennas I mainly use :- Thunderpole Supa-Nova and the Original Les Wallen Modulator.
As said Harrier is a good rig.
I use a Rotel 240 and a Thunderpole T-800 which I consider a great basic little Radio.
Like you came back into CB after many years.
Sadly there are not many Breakers in my area.
However I often visit Jubilee Tower near Lancaster and get out quite well on 4 Watts
due to the fact it is 700/800 ft high.
So far have copies to Blackpool, Preston, Blackburn, Leyland, Chorley, Rivington, Eccleston, Southport and Crosby.
Two Antennas I mainly use :- Thunderpole Supa-Nova and the Original Les Wallen Modulator.


