help with cb radio - CRT ONE
Hi all.. I got one of these tiny CRT ONE cb radios and installed it in my car along with a little wil antenna. Since Ive installed and tuned the antenna I have been picking up all sorts of transmissions.. mostly entirely spanish and norwegian fisherman all day long. I live on east coast of Scotland. Some days almost every channel is choc a bloc with this lot. The spaniards quite often like to fill a few channels playing music for their mates. Lol. A friend of mine fired up an old cb radio at home he got and he doesn't pick up the fisherman but does pickup the odd passing truckers having a convo. Once he finds a trucker convo .. I then mess with my squelch etc. I can pick it up as well but not as clear as his radio. He also doesn't pick me up. One day I started transmitting at his house and drove the 2 miles home transmitting on the agreed channel the whole way home which is way up a hill and he never picked up anything I transmitted at any distance. Any ideas why? I'm still trying to figure my CRT ONE out but, I usually get the most and clearest transmissions when I set the ASQ to 6 and no Rf Gain. In fact, I never pick anything up when I try to use RF Gain. Any tips would be greatly received.
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
Sorry we don't sell that radio so can't really advise on the settings...
It may be worth getting in touch with whoever sold it to you.
Andy
It may be worth getting in touch with whoever sold it to you.
Andy
- HighwayPatrol
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 23
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:29 am
- CB Handle: Highway Patrol
- Location: Manchester
The only advice i can give is look for the rig on test on you tube.I have the CRT One N that has the S meter and im still trying to figure out the RF gain myself, lol I have tried mine on all settings from 06 right up to 54 and still dont undertand it. Good luck anyway
Baofeng UV 5R
CRT Superstar 3900
Now a member of Charlie Tango Group.
26 CT 2325
CRT Superstar 3900
Now a member of Charlie Tango Group.
26 CT 2325
Guess to late now, but I have my squelch on the CRT no more than level 3borbala wrote:Hi all.. I got one of these tiny CRT ONE cb radios and installed it in my car along with a little wil antenna. Since Ive installed and tuned the antenna I have been picking up all sorts of transmissions.. mostly entirely spanish and norwegian fisherman all day long. I live on east coast of Scotland. Some days almost every channel is choc a bloc with this lot. The spaniards quite often like to fill a few channels playing music for their mates. Lol. A friend of mine fired up an old cb radio at home he got and he doesn't pick up the fisherman but does pickup the odd passing truckers having a convo. Once he finds a trucker convo .. I then mess with my squelch etc. I can pick it up as well but not as clear as his radio. He also doesn't pick me up. One day I started transmitting at his house and drove the 2 miles home transmitting on the agreed channel the whole way home which is way up a hill and he never picked up anything I transmitted at any distance. Any ideas why? I'm still trying to figure my CRT ONE out but, I usually get the most and clearest transmissions when I set the ASQ to 6 and no Rf Gain. In fact, I never pick anything up when I try to use RF Gain. Any tips would be greatly received.
Writer of Comms from Europe Radio User Magazine
Bumping this post as others may be interested - I have a CRT One N too - RF Gain seems to work in reverse - set at 6Dbs gives best signal - moving through 12 to 54 seems to weaken the signal to absolutely nothing. I would have thought should be the other way round? But that’s what mine does.HighwayPatrol wrote: ↑Tue May 31, 2016 10:45 pm The only advice i can give is look for the rig on test on you tube.I have the CRT One N that has the S meter and im still trying to figure out the RF gain myself, lol I have tried mine on all settings from 06 right up to 54 and still dont undertand it. Good luck anyway
Also interestingly I got brand new from Amazon but appears to have been modded - high power is available by turning on with mike keyed and rfg pressed. Doesn’t have the additional channels or -5khz option but is pushing 5w on low and 10w on high.
I haven’t even opened it to see what’s been changed - I can only guess they could be shipping like this as standard!
-
Enterprise
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:55 pm
- Location: Telford
As the CRT One is a multiband rig it could have been set active out of the box on the Spanish or EU/EC or some other Band. I know the original post was some 4 years ago.
Interestingly Thunderpole now sells this Rig.
https://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mobile-cb ... t-one.html
Interestingly Thunderpole now sells this Rig.
https://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mobile-cb ... t-one.html
-
Andyscotland
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 11:06 pm
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I have the CRT one N
I bought the rig with a springer sometime around 2015 but it was all quiet round about me so it went into the cupboard. During lockdown it got relieved of its cupboard and commissioned for the first time since 2015 it works well SWR is just less than 1.5 on 40 and hardly moves on 1.
I’m a brand newbie to CB and really don’t have much of a clue. I’ve been told to set my rig to high power by a few of the local guys here but it’s not working The way theirs did - holding the RFG button, the PTT button then turning on. Am I missing something? Does it have to be modded first?
Ps I’m a qualified electrician so know my way around wiring circuit boards and soldering
I bought the rig with a springer sometime around 2015 but it was all quiet round about me so it went into the cupboard. During lockdown it got relieved of its cupboard and commissioned for the first time since 2015 it works well SWR is just less than 1.5 on 40 and hardly moves on 1.
I’m a brand newbie to CB and really don’t have much of a clue. I’ve been told to set my rig to high power by a few of the local guys here but it’s not working The way theirs did - holding the RFG button, the PTT button then turning on. Am I missing something? Does it have to be modded first?
Ps I’m a qualified electrician so know my way around wiring circuit boards and soldering



