Where to put my radio??????

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
iLProfesore
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 pm

So, I am completely confuddled as to where I can mount my new radio. I do spend a lot of time in my car, and so during the increasing and interminable traffic jams, I thought I would get a small radio and find somewhere to mount it where it could be kept out of sight when not in use.

I have not had a rig in my car for (longer than I want to admit), and the last time I had a rig in a car, mounting it was not a problem. That car was a 1983 Morris Ital. Possibly the only car who's image and value would be improved if I used a chain saw to cut a hole in any body panel.

Now, I would like to mount the unit tidily. So I bought a PNI Escort 6500, as it is quite a small radio. But this car does not seem to have anywhere that is discreet, or is not contoured and close fitting, while being comfortably visible when it it is in use. I do not want to just drill holes in interior panels.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

My current preference is the centre console, as I can route power into it, and route my antenna cable away. It also contains the aux connector so as I can route the audio through my stereo. Unfortunately I also now wear hearing aids, and so this would be an essential requirement. But I have a problem, the centre console is a single wall construction, so any screws would be visible. Any comments on this would be really helpful, and I thank you in advance for you reading this.

There is a picture of the centre console and a general view of the front of the car and I hope this opens a flood of suggestions.....

Thank You

Centre Console.jpg
Centre Console.jpg (126.81 KiB) Viewed 20708 times
Car Front Interior.jpg
Car Front Interior.jpg (167.19 KiB) Viewed 20708 times
Post Reply