Possibly returning to cb

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
Paul_1962_uk
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:30 pm

Hi
I am intending to return to cb after a break of 30 odd years. And have a few minor queries.
I will be putting an aerial in my loft initially an using a cheap-ish setup to gauge whether it worth the while getting something a little more substantial.
Predominantly it will be a homebased setup, I intend to run the coax inside the plasterboard an use a so239 chassis socket on a electrical one gang blanking plate to 'her indoors' happy as she won't be doing with surface mounted coax an clips or trunking.
Does a commercially available so239 outlet exist?
What channels/frequencies are we allocated these days?
How tall is a Sirio Signal Keeper with the groundplain legs attached? What radio? ( back in the day I had a sigma 4 an ham International jumbo)
Any help is appreciated.
Paul
User avatar
Smithdoor
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2026 2:40 am
CB Handle: KDS93612
Location: Clovis California
Contact:

I use a scanner on CB .

Most today use low cost cellphones. They thing in a disaster use buy a battery pack for the cellphone.

The good news is most of ones did not want to talk to are gone. More like per Smokey and Bandit movies

Dave
User avatar
Smithdoor
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2026 2:40 am
CB Handle: KDS93612
Location: Clovis California
Contact:

How return to Citizens Band Radio doing ❓

Dave
Post Reply