Second Hand rigs?

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
Post Reply
Tony T
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:58 pm
Location: Telford, Shropshire.

Before I go and do what I did 28 years ago(buy everything in sight), is there a market place where used equipment is sold? I am trying to introduce my kids to CBing, but don't want to blow a lot straight away.

Any help or suggestions appreciated. :?
Another user from the pre-legal days.
Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:10 pm
CB Handle: Guzzy
Location: England

ebay

But think twice and investigate sellers before hitting "bid".
User avatar
Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall

old fashioned Team radios were notorious
Last edited by Basilsparents on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlie oscar
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:03 am
Location: leeds

[quote="Tony T"]Before I go and do what I did 28 years ago(buy everything in sight), is there a market place where used equipment is sold? I am trying to introduce my kids to CBing, but don't want to blow a lot straight away.

Any help or suggestions appreciated. :?[/quote
cb is xxx rated round here but i would try to get a amstrad 901 they are the best second hand rigs going.
zarig
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:55 am
Location: manchester

cb is xxx rated round here but i would try to get a amstrad 901 they are the best second hand rigs going.

charlie oscar i think thats all over, its just not the same now.
should of kept to the AM and let the plonkers have the FM.
o bring back the good old days when 19 was a copy channel, not a chat line.

Dave
Round Baler
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
Contact:

o bring back the good old days when 19 was a copy channel, not a chat line.
I am 16 years old but from what I hear and from what I have heard CB's used to be amazing all those years ago.

Looking at Convoy The Movie, that seems to be the correct way to use CB's.

The best way to chat on CB's are mobile as you meet a mixture of good CB'ers who will certainly give you a copy!

From what I hear, in America they are very strict about CB's. They only allow truckers and people in cars use channel 19. Thats what some friends in America who do Custom Harvesting have told me anyway

I whish it wa slike that here in the UK but I dobht it will ever be like that!

- Gordon
Round Baler

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

Image
User avatar
Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall

I'm still waiting to see Smokey and the Bandit, I've been watching the Dukes of Hazzard to learn on CBs... ^.^
breaker 19
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:22 pm

Basilsparents wrote:Mmm, well, don't buy anything Fidelity either :D Or old fashioned Team radios, which were notorious

why not buy fidelity cb's at the moment i've got

Fidelity 1000fm
Fidelity 2000fm
Fidelity 2001fm

I've never had a single problem with them apart from the internal speakers are a bit poo in a landrover, but easily remered, i've had more problems with my audioline
User avatar
Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall

It's always been the other way around for me... my Fidelities fell apart (most prominently the 3000 FM which is on the table in parts at the moment) and the one Audioline that I've owned is still going strong, despite having had a very very hard life :? However, if Fidelities work better for you, I'll retract the advice :P
User avatar
lost sheep
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: bathgate scotland
Contact:

Round Baler wrote:
o bring back the good old days when 19 was a copy channel, not a chat line.
I am 16 years old but from what I hear and from what I have heard CB's used to be amazing all those years ago.

Looking at Convoy The Movie, that seems to be the correct way to use CB's.

The best way to chat on CB's are mobile as you meet a mixture of good CB'ers who will certainly give you a copy!

From what I hear, in America they are very strict about CB's. They only allow truckers and people in cars use channel 19. Thats what some friends in America who do Custom Harvesting have told me anyway

I whish it wa slike that here in the UK but I dobht it will ever be like that!

- Gordon
as you know the most hated people on the cb are those assholes who play music on ch19 iam a trucker who goes up & down the m74 & m6 every night & as soon as u get in range of coatbridge there is some twit playing music or 2 people wanting to kick the shite out of each other
rodgy dodgy kamone!
Round Baler
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
Contact:

Lost Sheep.....I agree with you when you are in the range of Coatbridge.

- Gordon
Round Baler

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

Image
Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:10 pm
CB Handle: Guzzy
Location: England

Next time you hear them arguing, point them to this news article and tell them to either put up or shut up! :lol:

http://www.columbian.com/news/localNews ... s63670.cfm

Jon
Post Reply