Thieving Swine

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
mort
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 am

I only await my gun license... :lol: ;) The police jokingly suggested something much the same :o :mrgreen:

Roof bars are a no no... I drive through a ford and under a VERY low bridge where I work otherwise I have to add 15 mins to my journey time... I was sending my last twig nearly horizontal driving under the bridge on a gutter mount already... :o :lol:

Bull bars... I didn't think you could fit these anymore :? Not to mention my partner wouldn't let me due to tastes... :roll: (think thumb and under :oops: )

I think I'm going to go the best roof mount thunderpole has and a quick release... No cables to cut and I'll just have to replace the quick release now and then if it starts to fail... :? Or maybe a sidemount with a quick release :| Partner has no no'd the sirio plans due to the expense of loosing it again if I forget to remove it at night :( :roll:
User avatar
boyscout
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Peterborough
Contact:

fatfinger wrote:why not leave the antenna on, and wait in the 4x4 with a shotgun and blow the scums head off :evil:


harsh but fair :lol:
No need to sit there all night Im sure I can nock something up that would do the trick. Sorry to hear about your loss of equipment.
fatfinger
Official CB Legend!!!
Official CB Legend!!!
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Contact:

or why not wire the antenna to the mains
mort
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 am

Which was the first thing my partner suggested... then I reminded her about the rather high elecky bill this quarter and pointed out that frying the thieves and possibly a clumsy postman might make it even worse :o :lol:

Need to do some Thunderpole online shopping for new Antenna's and suchlike...

Will put a post in the CB Antenna's section so if you've any suggestions please put em here :wink:
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

use an electric fence power supply 90 volts self contained and put on the inner of the coax not with the rig connected will give them a shock


:D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
fatfinger
Official CB Legend!!!
Official CB Legend!!!
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Contact:

sounds like you have done that before :shock: :lol:
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

who meee ?????????????????? would i do a thing like that :-0:-):-0

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:12 pm
CB Handle: randombod
Location: Darlington / co Durham

fatfinger wrote:no british 100 %
respect!!
User avatar
EarthWormJim
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire

What is needed is cctv a couple of sensors a spare computer and about 5 miles of cable and a buzzer also a couple of security lights. connect the cameras up to the computer and find a programme like pico 2000 digital survaillance recorder and leave the computer runnin 24/7 It does not use as much electric as you think :shock:

also connect the cameras to the sensors and connect all and the buzzer to the TV in you bedroom etc when someone goes past the sensor it will set the buzzer off and if connected properly it will change the tv to cameras so you can see what is happening if your in bed and also it will be recording on to the computers hard drive.

thats only half of our setup !!!!!!!!!!!! no one can fart in our drive without us knowing. It also scares the pizza delivery man when he goes to knock on the door and ive already answered it!!!!!!!! If you do use cameras that are recording I think you have to display at least one sticker/saying that your using cctv and its recording
Jim,

CB'ers do it till it Hertz...Side Banders do it till it MegaHertz

2H4OW
M3OJP
randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:12 pm
CB Handle: randombod
Location: Darlington / co Durham

or just a big bloody dog mind leisure batteries make good electrified items ......

Under the thumb? you know bull bars now so long as they r the plastic type that landrover now fit they r legal...
Post Reply