How high Can I Go

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
User avatar
samh8422
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Contact:

Thinking Of putting up a 5/8 wave High Gain with ground plans. How high can I go legally from ground? SAM
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

rule of thumb as high as possable till you get shouted at ie: 6ft pole on chimney stack with antenna mounted on it gets it above the tv antenna and cuts down the risk of tvi

:D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
samh8422
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Contact:

AT THAT HIGHT WOULD I NEED TO EARTH IT AND IF SO HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT IT

MY SETUP IS IN THE LOFT SO LOTS OF WATER PIPES TO CONECT TO WHTCH ARE EARTHED I THINK ?
SandMan
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Birmingham/Bristol

A few years ago, I had an Antron about 75ft up, on two poles which started about 12ft up (a 25ft steel scaffolding pole supported by 4 heavy duty wall brackets, with a 20ft thickwalled aluminium bolted inside that a couple of foot) which allowed for a bit of swaying movement to save the aerial from taking all the wind pressure. If I had gone any higher, then I was supposed to have put a little red light on the top of it to warn low flying aircraft would you believe!! Rather than the hassle, I just made sure it was a foot or so below the limit, but not sure if that rule is still in place any more. Where I lived was quite high up on the Frankley Beeches on the Birmingham/Dudleyborder, which is a beacon point, so it was high above sea level I suppose :?
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

the silver rod will get enough earth off the mounting pole


:D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
Post Reply