imax 2000 or sirio 827
-
smoothound
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:34 pm
hi come back on after 20 years bit quiter now. im now living in a poor location for getting out mountains all over the place. i go mobil to dx and chat to locals. as 4 homebase its quite.the breakers i chat to are right in the back of the box the strongest only a one the noise of local laptops 3-4.ive a silver rod at 40 ft to the feed point no ground plains bit naff i know. to get out not a prob with extra help but i need to pull those week signals in as some days im to tired to go mob. ive looked at sirio 827 and imax 2000 can anyone tell me if they have compaired these or used them agains silver rod and how many s points diference. cheers daz(smoothound)
-
smoothound
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:34 pm
hi plumb bob its a hf rig and with the pre amp on db gain goes up as would be expected but so does the noise so its got to be a better twigplumb bob wrote:You might want to consider a pre-amp to pull the signals in.
-
simonthewizard
- Official CB Nut

- Posts: 59
- Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:55 am
I had an Imax and it made a lot of noise in the wind that made the neighbours not best pleased.
Many use here the Mega Range 827 and the Sirio 1600 and they are booming when hear them
Many use here the Mega Range 827 and the Sirio 1600 and they are booming when hear them
-
hotmetal1000
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 134
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am
- Location: Queensland, Australia
I've recently put an Imax 2000 I am very impressed with it, noise in the wind???????
The static I receive with it is down, the receive power is up and transmit power is up. On transmit I'm as strong now as other persons in the area using beams
.
The static I receive with it is down, the receive power is up and transmit power is up. On transmit I'm as strong now as other persons in the area using beams


