WILSON FGT-4 SILVER LOAD
Hi robroy, does this arial look really thick, about 4ft, adjustable tuning at the top, and a small wire hanging out at the bottom? if so, I have one of these but have not got round to trying it out properly.
you are supposed to connect it to eaarth to help bring the swr down seems a lot of messing to me they would be easir to fit on a mirror mount or the very old firestick mounts

if it anit broke dont fix it
Tried it out robroy, mounted it directly to the roof,excellent s.w.r. (with no wire connected,) the needle hardly moved throughout the channels! all i need now is is a decent copy to see how far I can get out. Thanks robroy.
- wildfire
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 335
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 pm
- CB Handle: wildfire.
- Location: United Kindom.
WILSON FGT-4 SILVER LOAD is not a bad antenna apparently here is a review found about a user using one,wildfire wrote:let us know how you guys get on with your flexi antennas & how good are they for distance i would say if they are 4ft you might get a good contact 10 to maybe 15 miles away
I have run these for years; probably 6 or 7 antenna in all, usually get the 3'. They really do good really well, easy fine tuning of SWR's-they really get out great. Have talked 30-40 miles on a good day
how & why is it a good antenna well i have found out that it is not only top loaded but is also a 5/8 wave mobile antenna just like some of the original firesticks
Hi wildfire
I tried the fgt-4 while I was mobile, I copied a breaker who was about 8-10 miles away with what seemed very good results, he said I was coming through clear and with a strong signal which is a pleasing result from the antenna, the only downside of it is over 40mph I found it creates a lot of wind noise which suggests its probably best used when either static or not used on motorways as obviously the faster you go the louder it seems to get !
I tried the fgt-4 while I was mobile, I copied a breaker who was about 8-10 miles away with what seemed very good results, he said I was coming through clear and with a strong signal which is a pleasing result from the antenna, the only downside of it is over 40mph I found it creates a lot of wind noise which suggests its probably best used when either static or not used on motorways as obviously the faster you go the louder it seems to get !
- wildfire
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 335
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 pm
- CB Handle: wildfire.
- Location: United Kindom.
thanks for the feed back Asterix on the wilson FGT mate pretty good results for you, yep top loaded antennas will always be a lot of peoples favorite as they have good performance
i would think that the 3/8 antenna spring could also help with the firestick type antennas as it helps with the wind while mobile flying down motorways what i read on a site.
- wildfire
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 335
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 pm
- CB Handle: wildfire.
- Location: United Kindom.
Hi Guy`s
hope your all keeping well, ok the Wilson Silverload i am pleased to report i now own a FGT4 with these FGT silverloads been built thick i can understand why they are a bit noisy while traveling but maybe the FGT2 might be more quiet,
& i have found a link to share with you guy`s & for anybody who is interested in these top loaded antennas I`m sure many may remember users raving about the Classical Firesticks the only downside about top loaded antennas is that they don`t like users using Amplifiers at there maximum all the time & with any great Antenna what is working great for the user shouldn`t need to be using a Amplifier but anyway guy`s i`ll leave you guy`s the link & let you all check out the Silverload results against the other top loaded Antennas & hope you all take care & all the best to you all
& best to tape around the cable or use a elastic band around the little cable at base of the Silverloads to keep it out of the way instead of cutting it off just incase you may need the cable one day in the future,
https://www.bellscb.com/products/antenn ... rglass.htm
hope your all keeping well, ok the Wilson Silverload i am pleased to report i now own a FGT4 with these FGT silverloads been built thick i can understand why they are a bit noisy while traveling but maybe the FGT2 might be more quiet,
& i have found a link to share with you guy`s & for anybody who is interested in these top loaded antennas I`m sure many may remember users raving about the Classical Firesticks the only downside about top loaded antennas is that they don`t like users using Amplifiers at there maximum all the time & with any great Antenna what is working great for the user shouldn`t need to be using a Amplifier but anyway guy`s i`ll leave you guy`s the link & let you all check out the Silverload results against the other top loaded Antennas & hope you all take care & all the best to you all
https://www.bellscb.com/products/antenn ... rglass.htm



