Burners

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

put a rocket switch in place
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

HOW BIG A AMP ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT GETTING M8.
26 TANGO MIKE 501
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

If I ride in convoy 4 watts in enough but if I park on some high ground it would be nice to get at least 20 miles. What amp do you think would give me that sort of performance.
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

if it was me i wouldnt use one m8 on a bike.
26 TANGO MIKE 501
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

FISH wrote:if it was me i wouldnt use one m8 on a bike.
Why
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

well you are sat how far from the antenna,and you be useing a amp of about 100/200 watts thats a lot of RF going in to the antenna.i would ring round first (cb/ham shops) and get some feed back from the people who know a lot more about RF m8,dont take chances if you dont need to.
26 TANGO MIKE 501
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

True, if I frassle anything it could be expensive. My wifes head is about 6 inches from the antenna, but shes already mad :) I surpose the rig is adaquate for the job already but I just like messing with things. I may just leave it alone this time before I cause some damage. cheers for the input

Tony
Last edited by White Magic on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

lol
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

yer,just got to be careful with rf m8 if your near a antenna.
26 TANGO MIKE 501
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

dont they say if ur 15cm away its fine ?
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

who says that.
26 TANGO MIKE 501
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

i got it with my A99 on this little crappy leaflet it said somthing like do not transmite unless the antenna is atleast 15cm away from you
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

and thats with 4 watts going into it. i know now why the yanks are like the way there are. :lol: :lol: :lol:
26 TANGO MIKE 501
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

I know what to do now when I've had enough of the missus :lol: :lol: :lol:
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
Post Reply