Page 2 of 8

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:28 am
by mrbass
i have had a good idear lets get all the rigs and use them as door stops as that is all they are worth now a bit like the xbox 360. crap. im of this site now so bye bye as it aint worth it just like the cb -... ..- . --. --- --- -.. .-.. ..- .-.. ..- -.-. -.-

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:54 am
by stampman
if cb is dead i have a lot of ghost customers in here


:D :D :D :D :D

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:37 pm
by monza
" im of this site now so bye bye as it aint worth it just like the cb "

Yes the best thing you could have typed so far enjoy your life cyaa :-({|=

Nige 8)

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:21 am
by spectra
Now the licence has gone i,m back and loving it !

probably its your mouth mrbass ! when people hear you they ignore you !

If you dont like it stay off it, its that simple let other people ENJOY.

IM ON THIS FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:20 pm
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Mrbass,

First of all, CB is not dead, we sell literally thousands of CB's each year and many many people enjoy it as a hobby and since the licence changes in december we have seen lots of users come back on the air.

Secondly, if your sole purpose on this forum is to put down CB I am afraid I will be forced to remove you... this is a forum for advice and friendly banter...

Andy.

p.s. this forum isnt even one year old yet so I think almost 1500 posts really isn't too bad :wink:

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:46 am
by spectra
Lets hear it for Andy, nice one, i have mates who go to cruises and are impressed by the cb and want to put them in their cars to keep in touch with each other on their way to shows and such.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:10 pm
by Exy
I agree Andy, CB is alive and kicking, especially in the offroad sector. :wink: where it is very useful as well as social. Thats why I`m back. Your delivering my new rig to me on Monday ( tomorrow ). I hope. :lol: :lol:

cruisin sence

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:00 pm
by extremedave
hi there,to respond to spectra's post,its a wonder more of the guys into the cruise sence and max power and all that aren't into CB in a big way,now no license is needed and its such a great cheap way to keep in touch.
I guess part of the problem is needed such a big aerial is needed maybe ruins the look of the car,maybe if a cool looking aerial was designed it could be a whole new market for thunderpole

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:43 pm
by Guzzy
Out of curiosity....

This is a question for the guys (& gals) into cars (off-roading, green laning, ICE events, MAX Power type stuff).

Does the requirement of mounting a large antenna on the vehicle effect the uptake of CB?

OK. I know quite a few off-roaders who don't mind large whip antennas, but I also know a few people with beautiful street cars (MAX Power type stuff) that just wouldn't despoil their pride and joy with an ugly mag mount and would no way in hell think about drilling body work for one!

I mention this because some of these guys I know have got into PMR446 and even these nasty imported 2.5W and 5W UHF radios you can get from certain online auction sites. The reason: They don't have to risk damaging their pride and joy. Sure the range is no where near as good, but for convoy use they seem quite popular.

Is this PMR446 & Illegal UHF radio trend stealing potential 27MHz CBers?

Discuss.

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:22 pm
by stampman
dont think it will but may even draw people to try cb when they realise that there are more people on the airwaves and cb has a lot better range


:D :D :D :D :D :D

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:04 pm
by Basilsparents
personally the long whip on the car does it for me... i look silly :P

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:06 pm
by Exy
I don`t think offroaders object to the longer antenas because of looks. It`s more for the fact that they tend to knock them off :lol:

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:17 pm
by Guzzy
What about the 'MAXPower' brigade (and no, I don't mean that in a condescending manner). The guys who customise and soup up their cars with higher horsepower or just cosmetic add ons?

You don't see many (any?) of them with CB Antennas. Check out things like Top Gear and other such programs, when you see them in 'convoy' like excursions, they are using PMR (licensed probably, but they look like PMR446) radios. Don't forget the 'American trip', sure Top Gear used CB radio and ridiculed it as being for getting prostitutes and weather reports.

Anybody in to the customised cars scene?

What are they using, just mobile phones perhaps?

In Response...

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:29 pm
by Basilsparents
To me that seems the right audience to target. I'll draw up some diagram soon... i think that CB needs to leave behind the image of clunky rectangular boxes bolted naffly under the dash... what we want to move on to is hands free, more slickly designed stuff...

I'll draw up some naff drawings @ some point

and post them

FEAR MY ARTISTICAL SKILLZ :twisted:

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:11 pm
by Exy
Hi BP I am coming down your way in july to HERE I will give you a shout. Espesialy if I get lost. :lol: