amature/cb radio set
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
i find when you get a lot of people or get out far you feel chuffed to bits lol
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
19 fm is a bit like
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
im by a motor way so it has its days
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
There's quite a bit of activity on UK FM around here and on 27.555 (evenings and weekends) only EU 40 is flat (Somerset).
I was the one who made contact with Eddie from a loaction near Bath (73 miles) - I was just using a centre-fed 9-up - 9-down dipole and a Superstar 3900 (no added power)
I also got out to North Herefordshire on a S2 R5 (over 60 miles) on Saturday.
Quite pleased really
P.S - Eddie is a good operator and fair play to him for staying up on that hill considering the weather on Sunday =D>
I was the one who made contact with Eddie from a loaction near Bath (73 miles) - I was just using a centre-fed 9-up - 9-down dipole and a Superstar 3900 (no added power)
I also got out to North Herefordshire on a S2 R5 (over 60 miles) on Saturday.
Quite pleased really
P.S - Eddie is a good operator and fair play to him for staying up on that hill considering the weather on Sunday =D>
- marsh phantom
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: Marsh Phantom
- Location: Wales and kent
hey up buddy,
im down in your area tomorrow (well the hole of the south area) going to a town called wells (somerset) and then christchurch (dorset i think) then across to hampshire (waterloovillie) then crawley (sussex) then basildon (essex) going to be a long day on the road in the transit.
my trusty magnum 257 will be on though wont be on ssb as my antenna is swr'ed for my vectra not the van so i will be uk channels probably 19
lol i cant be bothered with playin around with the twig so a matcher may well be in line depending on what i get
cheers for the praise buddy
im down in your area tomorrow (well the hole of the south area) going to a town called wells (somerset) and then christchurch (dorset i think) then across to hampshire (waterloovillie) then crawley (sussex) then basildon (essex) going to be a long day on the road in the transit.
my trusty magnum 257 will be on though wont be on ssb as my antenna is swr'ed for my vectra not the van so i will be uk channels probably 19
cheers for the praise buddy
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
- marsh phantom
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: Marsh Phantom
- Location: Wales and kent
i do every so often, im off up the country on thursday i think, maybe via your way not sure yet though think im going to leeds and birmingham for sure but it all can change just like that
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
DO YOU COME SHROPSIRE
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- marsh phantom
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: Marsh Phantom
- Location: Wales and kent
sometimes up north but normally not much further than leeds sheffield.
do you mean what radio kit do i carry?
shropshire some times not often though
do you mean what radio kit do i carry?
shropshire some times not often though
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
ok
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
Wells is about 15 miles away from where the homebase setup is (same location as Sunday) - some high spots around there on the Mendip hills (look for the big twig - Mendip TV transmitter)
Don't fancy your trip around tomorrow
Doubt I'll be near the radio much, but if my frequency counter turns up, I'm hoping to complete the Stalker 9 install in my van - I cover most of the South West with my work so hopefully some DX opportunities over the next few months 8)
Don't fancy your trip around tomorrow
Doubt I'll be near the radio much, but if my frequency counter turns up, I'm hoping to complete the Stalker 9 install in my van - I cover most of the South West with my work so hopefully some DX opportunities over the next few months 8)
- marsh phantom
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: Marsh Phantom
- Location: Wales and kent
Offplanet wrote:Wells is about 15 miles away from where the homebase setup is (same location as Sunday) - some high spots around there on the Mendip hills (look for the big twig - Mendip TV transmitter)
Don't fancy your trip around tomorrow![]()
Doubt I'll be near the radio much, but if my frequency counter turns up, I'm hoping to complete the Stalker 9 install in my van - I cover most of the South West with my work so hopefully some DX opportunities over the next few months 8)
its going to be a epic journey i think lol
i did see the mendip hill on the map today as i was looking at my route.
get the counter in there and your be away, hope to catch you on the band again mate, doubt ill be on this weekend but maybe the weekend after
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500

