What will i need . . .
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:31 pm
Hello,
I'm looking to get started with CB radio, the main reason for this is to use it for communicating between checkpoints whilst organising expeditions for scouts. I'll be getting a couple of mobile rigs. Will i need anything special to transmit/receive up to and above 10 miles over the moors or is this even possible?
I've been looking at a Midland 38 and Also an Intek H-520 with a car kit so i can walk with it also, what sort of antenna is best for both the car and the handheld?
Thanks for any help!
Mark
I'm looking to get started with CB radio, the main reason for this is to use it for communicating between checkpoints whilst organising expeditions for scouts. I'll be getting a couple of mobile rigs. Will i need anything special to transmit/receive up to and above 10 miles over the moors or is this even possible?
I've been looking at a Midland 38 and Also an Intek H-520 with a car kit so i can walk with it also, what sort of antenna is best for both the car and the handheld?
Thanks for any help!
Mark
