Page 1 of 1

How high Can I Go

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:22 am
by samh8422
Thinking Of putting up a 5/8 wave High Gain with ground plans. How high can I go legally from ground? SAM

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:35 am
by stampman
rule of thumb as high as possable till you get shouted at ie: 6ft pole on chimney stack with antenna mounted on it gets it above the tv antenna and cuts down the risk of tvi

:D :D :D

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:43 am
by samh8422
AT THAT HIGHT WOULD I NEED TO EARTH IT AND IF SO HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT IT

MY SETUP IS IN THE LOFT SO LOTS OF WATER PIPES TO CONECT TO WHTCH ARE EARTHED I THINK ?

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:03 pm
by SandMan
A few years ago, I had an Antron about 75ft up, on two poles which started about 12ft up (a 25ft steel scaffolding pole supported by 4 heavy duty wall brackets, with a 20ft thickwalled aluminium bolted inside that a couple of foot) which allowed for a bit of swaying movement to save the aerial from taking all the wind pressure. If I had gone any higher, then I was supposed to have put a little red light on the top of it to warn low flying aircraft would you believe!! Rather than the hassle, I just made sure it was a foot or so below the limit, but not sure if that rule is still in place any more. Where I lived was quite high up on the Frankley Beeches on the Birmingham/Dudleyborder, which is a beacon point, so it was high above sea level I suppose :?

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:33 pm
by stampman
the silver rod will get enough earth off the mounting pole


:D :D :D :D :D