Intek m490 Clunk Noise when transmitting
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:30 pm
Hi all,
I recently purchased a intek m490 from thunderpole with a 5/8th wave silver rod antenna and its located on the roof. I get a swr of 1.1 on channel 1 uk and 1.3 on channel 40 uk and on the cept band it never goes above 1.1.
I have been enjoying talking to people all over my area and beyond and they say im getting out very strong aswell. 10 miles away and people say im hiting them very well with a 9 pounder on 4 watts 8)
Anyway i have had numerous reports from people saying that when i key up they here a clunking noise and some said it sounds like a ping pong noise, this only happens for a few miliseconds and then all goes well again.
Is this my radio playing up or is it a charactirist of my radio?
Please advice what it is and if there is a fix for it or is it just the way the radio is?
regards
Pin
I recently purchased a intek m490 from thunderpole with a 5/8th wave silver rod antenna and its located on the roof. I get a swr of 1.1 on channel 1 uk and 1.3 on channel 40 uk and on the cept band it never goes above 1.1.
I have been enjoying talking to people all over my area and beyond and they say im getting out very strong aswell. 10 miles away and people say im hiting them very well with a 9 pounder on 4 watts 8)
Anyway i have had numerous reports from people saying that when i key up they here a clunking noise and some said it sounds like a ping pong noise, this only happens for a few miliseconds and then all goes well again.
Is this my radio playing up or is it a charactirist of my radio?
Please advice what it is and if there is a fix for it or is it just the way the radio is?
regards
Pin