Page 1 of 1

Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:50 am
by mr p!e
I have bought the ledgendry Cobra 148........ AND i CANT WAIT TO START DXING AGAIN.... [-X

Does anyone on here know any decent sites or forums that I could have a nose at?

oh and is there any advice on a mobile twig? I was thinking of K40?

thanks in advance *King*

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:00 am
by stampman
you got the site here k 40 not wide banded enought wilson 1000 or sirio 4000 will do a lot better job


:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:41 am
by porky.69
hi there this is a very good site for any info on cb radio or ssb ...just ask AWAY :)

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:35 pm
by mr p!e
porky.69 wrote:hi there this is a very good site for any info on cb radio or ssb ...just ask AWAY :)

Ok, this may be obvious but may small brain cant cope:

The radio is a mk1 and I need to know how to convert the channel numbers, its there a chart? how do I know what channel Im dx on.

I found this site with printable manuals... =D>
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... G%26um%3D1

8-[

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:19 pm
by stampman
yyou need a frequancy counter pluged in to be exactly on the nose as ssb works in freq not channels

:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:36 pm
by hotmetal1000
stampman wrote:yyou need a frequancy counter pluged in to be exactly on the nose as ssb works in freq not channels

:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
???? a channel is a preprogrammed frequancy. AM, FM, SSB all work on frequancies just programmed into channels.

MR p!e if you go to that link you posted and open the owners manual there on page 5 it lists the frequencies for low mid and high band for each channel.

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:00 pm
by FISH
I love it me lol lol lol. #-o #-o #-o mk2 the best.

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:46 pm
by mr p!e
hotmetal1000 wrote:
stampman wrote:yyou need a frequancy counter pluged in to be exactly on the nose as ssb works in freq not channels

:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
???? a channel is a preprogrammed frequancy. AM, FM, SSB all work on frequancies just programmed into channels.

MR p!e if you go to that link you posted and open the owners manual there on page 5 it lists the frequencies for low mid and high band for each channel.
Hi Hotmetal,

I have printed the manual, the only problem I have is, the lady who posted the rig to me said the mic was faulty....... so I need a mic. [-X

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:54 am
by hotmetal1000
I'm sure Thunderpole would be able to help you out with that one.

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:14 am
by stampman
yup colin will sort you out


:D :D :D :D *King* *King*

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:13 pm
by porky.69
EVERYONE HAPPY LOL =D>

Re: Cobra 148 GTL DX

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:03 pm
by killer cam
:D :D