Page 1 of 1

Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:12 pm
by White Magic
Hi all, My silverod has finaly had its day. My incoming signal has gradualy got less and less over the past 10 months, although the swr stayed low. When I took it down I found it was full of water and the bamboos I put inside it to strengthen it were starting to rod.

I am looking at the Antron 99 as a replacement but read on this forum that they are rattley in the wind. Has anyone had this same problem as I like the A99. The price is in my budget and I'm not sure whether there is another antenna as good for the price.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers Tony

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:22 pm
by killer cam
hi mate,

i have owned a antron99 for nearly a year now iv never had any problems with it, it was and upgrade to my old silver rod i was surprised at how well it worked compared to my silver rod I plugged it in and went to swr it expecting the rig to be dead as normal turned the rig on and nearly every channel was booming with chit chat

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:44 pm
by stampman
just a few had the rattle but seems cured now


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm
by White Magic
Thank you for the replies. An Antron its going to be then I think. :D :D

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:53 pm
by White Magic
Does anyone know whether the antron 99 comes with the fittings to fix the antenna to a pole.

Cheers Tony

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:02 pm
by killer cam
hi mate when i got mine from thunderpole the box had the antenna in three parts that you screw in place and place a washer betweend each one and also 2 u clamps and bolts to bolt to a pole that is on T and K or other mounts hope this clears up your question
:D

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:39 pm
by White Magic
OK Thank you guys, that clears that up. Just need to order now. :D :D :D

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:59 pm
by White Magic
Just ordered from Thunderpole, its on its way. :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:36 pm
by killer cam
:D :D :D :D lets us know how you get on mate

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:35 pm
by White Magic
killer cam wrote::D :D :D :D lets us know how you get on mate
I've got a bit of diy to do first on the house :evil: but as soon as thats done the A99 is going up. I've ordered an extra 1.5 metre pole , I will then have two, just to make it a bit higher.

I'll let you know how much better it is than the silverod as soon as its up. :)

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:05 pm
by White Magic
The Antron is up :D I've got a SWR of 1.3 ( is this OK ) My silverod had a SWR of 1.2. I haven't noticed any obvious inprovements as there are not very many breakers up here and I haven't got a lot of spare time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Re: Antron 99 ??????????????

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:08 pm
by padster
White Magic wrote:The Antron is up :D I've got a SWR of 1.3 ( is this OK ) My silverod had a SWR of 1.2. I haven't noticed any obvious inprovements as there are not very many breakers up here and I haven't got a lot of spare time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed
yes 1.3 is great :D :D not many breakers up my way at moment either it should pick up :P :P :P :P