Page 1 of 1

Yaesu MH-59A8J Mic not working on my FT857D

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:18 pm
by Bionic Budgie
Hi,
I have just bought the Yaesu MH-59A8J remote mic for my FT857D, changed the mic settings on the menu to RTM as instructed, plugged it in..nothin'.. The only thing that works is the PTT and the red button that switches the radio on/off. I contacted Yaesu and they said it is most likely a fault with the radio not powering it. I put a meter on pin 2 (ground) and pin 6 and it said 4.9 volts (near as damn it 5v). I am now stumped:-( Any ideas guys before I box it back up and send it back? :(
Ian
G0YAP
Diss

Re: Yaesu MH-59A8J Mic not working on my FT857D

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:44 am
by stampman
this is a hands on problem easier just to get it exchanged


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: Yaesu MH-59A8J Mic not working on my FT857D

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:01 am
by snowman
maybe you could plug it into a nice plasma tv and change the channels??

Re: Yaesu MH-59A8J Mic not working on my FT857D

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:00 am
by Bionic Budgie
snowman wrote:maybe you could plug it into a nice plasma tv and change the channels??
OMG!!! Wheres the needle and thread...I,ve just split my side!!!! :lol: