I've never had a decent hombase antenna and made do with a mag mount in the loft back in the day when I was 14.
These days I'm making do with another antenna in the loft and running up and down the ladder to adjust the SWR is no problem, but I'm thinking about getting a Thunderpole 5 and mounting it outside on a T & K bracket.
How would I set the SWR on that? My ladder just reaches the gutter, enough for me to fix the brackets.
Thanks
Steve
SWRing a Hombase antenna
lean it against a fence mounted on the pole and swr it then mount it on the t k and check it again i cant say i have ever swred a thunderpole 5 but as a last resort ask Colin when you order it

if it anit broke dont fix it
The TP5 comes with a cutting chart for the top whip section - I just cut mine for the length suggested for the CB bands and the SWR was fine, with no further adjustment required.
Providing your coax and connections are in good order and you've no large objects nearby that may effect the SWR, yours should be the same
Providing your coax and connections are in good order and you've no large objects nearby that may effect the SWR, yours should be the same
- porky.69
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 2144
- Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
- Location: wolverhampton, uk
[quote="Offplanet"]
Providing your coax and connections are in good order and you've no large objects nearby that may effect the SWR, yours should be the same
yes just take your time and you will be ok, there not a bad antenna, good luck

Providing your coax and connections are in good order and you've no large objects nearby that may effect the SWR, yours should be the same
yes just take your time and you will be ok, there not a bad antenna, good luck


