Hi guys, my name is Sean and I have just bought my first CB radio (Intek M490 starter kit) for my mini from Thunderpole. I have never had a CB before so this is all new to me and I hope to pick up some hints and tips from here!
Cheers, Sean
New to CB's
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
Hi Sean and welcome to the forum.
There are plenty of friendly peeps on here that should be able to give you whatever info you need...
Andy
There are plenty of friendly peeps on here that should be able to give you whatever info you need...
Andy
-
sean2476
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm
- CB Handle: Puggered
- Location: Livingston, West Lothian
Thanks guys! I received my CB radio today from thunderpole.co.uk and now looking forward to rigging it up
I can totally recommend anyone from ordering from thunderpole as the delivery was very well wrapped and it arrived the very next day!
Best wishes,
Sean
Best wishes,
Sean
-
fusil56300
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:21 pm
Bonjour from the only geordie in the village.

-
sean2476
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm
- CB Handle: Puggered
- Location: Livingston, West Lothian
Hi Guys, I'm doing good with the rig. I've set it up in my mini and have heard a few people talking but haven't spoke to anyone yet because I don't really know what to say on the thing lol
- dc4
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:07 am
- CB Handle: Doug!
- Location: Guildford Surrey
lol! well to start off with you could go out in the car and get up high on a hill and ask for a radio check to make sure you are transmitting properly, and to check the speech through the mike. you`ll get the hang of it! before you know it ule be like an extra on convoy!
-
sean2476
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm
- CB Handle: Puggered
- Location: Livingston, West Lothian
Hi dc4, I have spoken lol. I did what you said and asked for a radio check/call back on channel 19. Within seconds a guy came through, introduced himself and told me when my mic was loud and clear! I'm now looking forward to chatting to more people on the radio

- dc4
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:07 am
- CB Handle: Doug!
- Location: Guildford Surrey
excellent! next thing is try getting locations and seeing how far you get out!sean2476 wrote:Hi dc4, I have spoken lol. I did what you said and asked for a radio check/call back on channel 19. Within seconds a guy came through, introduced himself and told me when my mic was loud and clear! I'm now looking forward to chatting to more people on the radio![]()
-
sean2476
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm
- CB Handle: Puggered
- Location: Livingston, West Lothian
I have picked up one guy who is local and the furthest so far has been just over 10 miles away
Over the weekend I will try and get high up and see who I can pick up and get a location from them!

