Can anyone help me improve my set up?
I have a Midland multi CB, and a Firestick aeriel (the long one) mounted to the wing mirror, at it's furthest point, on my Laika Motorhome, which is an all aluminium bodied coachbuilt, and am using an electronic ground plane assembly, which, although has improved things, still just creeps into the red on the SWR meter.
I have disconnected the coax and checked the plugs using a multimeter for continuity, and 'shield-shorting', all of which checks out fine. Ive checked the plugs have been soldered in the correct fasion, and all is well.
Should I try to wire an 'earth strap' from the base of the mount to the chassis of the motorhome? Would doing this effect the electronic ground-plane?
I have a 'tow car' which the wife drives ahead of me while on holiday, it is fitted with a second Midland Multi, and a base loaded orbiter-type whip, just a small one, via a mag mount, and the performance of THAT unit blows the other away!!!
What is the secret to fitting a CB to a motorhome, and any suggestions for improvement????



