Page 1 of 1

Where can I learn more about dx'ing, amatuer etc ?

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:41 pm
by S109
Hi,

Been on and off here for a few years, when I joined cb was very quiet so it was put away in the loft :( got it down the other week and stuck it in the gf's car and went to a local hill which is pretty high. To my surprise it was pretty busy on there :D I've now got it in the spare room with a Sirio mounted on the rad lol works ok with a really low swr. I was speaking to a guy the other night who's just got his rig up and running after 20 yrs !

Anyway I'd like to learn more about dx'ing and the amateur stuff as I am a complete noob on it all I know is you need to a licence to transmit using amateur stuff :oops:

I've contacted a local club but heard nothing back ?

Would like some links to some sites where I can learn about amateur and dx'ing that is written for dummies like me :|

Thanks.

Re: Where can I learn more about dx'ing, amatuer etc ?

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 am
by stampman
there used to be a book called big dummies guide that was brilliant but try and get the american version if you can and go visit the radio club just turn up and see howit goes


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: Where can I learn more about dx'ing, amatuer etc ?

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 am
by S109
I found this,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ham-Radio-Dummi ... pd_sim_b_3

But doesn't seem to get very good reviews, they say buy this instead,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foundation-Lice ... pd_sim_b_1

Re: Where can I learn more about dx'ing, amatuer etc ?

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:01 pm
by porky.69
the second book would be the best one, it tells you how to get started in amateur radio :wink: