Page 1 of 1

The Licensing Question?

Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:58 am
by Paul (2H3CK)
Just a quick question for all you breakers out there!

How many CB operators do you know that are Licensed?

I believe its an important question, especially as our frequencies are constantly under threat from OFCOM / CADS etc. I feel that the more people we can get to obtain or renew their licenses the less likely that CADS or the removal of 27/81 will be. Remember this November is the 25th Anniversary of legalisation of 27/81 perhaps its time to make a stand again and protect it!

What do you think???....P

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:45 am
by Man-of-Pie
Hi.

I’m with you on this one, Paul.

I’m not in favour of the proposed deregulation. I’m not in favour of Community Audio Distribution Schemes (CADS) being able to use any of the 40 UK and 40 CEPT channels.

For the privilege of using Citizens Band, I think the £15 licence fee represents good value for money.

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:09 pm
by Round Baler
I agree with yous!

- Gordon

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:23 pm
by charlie oscar
i dont know why because where a dieing breed but charlie oscar can say i HAVE a licence . why i dont know when everyone around me does not bother.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:58 pm
by Gazza
I'm quite happy with the licence fee as it stands but certainly dead against the introduction of CADS which is a blatent contravention of the current licensing conditions (no music to be transmitted on the frequencies). I have a license as do my 2 daughters, although at 18, the fee does not apply. I really have no idea how many of the (few) breakers in my area have a license, but I suspect not a lot.

I notice many young people are getting into amateur radio through the Foundation license but subsequently cannot get on the air due to the high price of Amateur equipment. I have suggested to some of them to try to purchase CB's which are cheaper (on average) and at least it would help give them some practical experience and boost their confidence in operating until they can obtain Amateur rigs. Afer all, it's radio just the same.

Just my thoughts.

Gaz.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:24 pm
by Round Baler
Gazza: I totally agree with everything that you have said above but reaching people around the world on an amateur radio would give you a thrill!

- Gordon

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:13 pm
by Gazza
It does Gordon and I consider myself very lucky to have equipment that does so. The point I'm making above is that CB is a good tool for people that do not have the resources to buy Amateur equipment, or just want to talk to their mates a couple of hundred yards away. I feel it gives them a good grounding in radio communications if they want to take it further, and it doesn't run up mobile phone bills!! ;-)

Gaz.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:29 pm
by Round Baler
That is very true!

- Gordon

i've been using

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:31 pm
by breaker 19
i've been using cb's since i was sixteen, and i reckon that it dont do any harm leaving the fm band open to all who wish to use it,and i will go along with anyone who is willing to try and protest about keeping fm band open??


LONG LIVE THE BREAKER