Hello and thank you for looking at my post.
I was looking for a new hobby and decided to buy a scanner to listen to the airwaves in and around Warwickshire.
I brought a Uniden UBC72XLT from EBay.
I have had it for a few weeks now and i have to be honest i have no idea on how to use it. I have been un-successful in finding anything to listen to.
I would be very grateful if somebody can point me in the right direction on how to use it and find something to listen to.
Many Thanks
bondy54
Please help with a Uniden UBC72XLT
Thank you for your reply.
I brought it second hand. I just don't know how to use it.
I have had no experience with scanners.
I have tried entering various frequencies but just cant seem to pick anything up.
Is there not a way I can scan to find frequencies that people are talking on?
I brought it second hand. I just don't know how to use it.
I have had no experience with scanners.
I have tried entering various frequencies but just cant seem to pick anything up.
Is there not a way I can scan to find frequencies that people are talking on?
You may need the squelch in the right place for it to scan through when you switch it on . Squelch all the way to the left will produce white noise and stop it scanning , Squelch all the way to the right will block every one out but the radio should still scan ,
27.78125 FM is the CB radio channell 19 .
Vidio of the UBC72XTL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Cdz1DYdb8
27.78125 FM is the CB radio channell 19 .
Vidio of the UBC72XTL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Cdz1DYdb8



