Page 1 of 2
K40 Antenna
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:08 pm
by Breaker Breaker
Hello to all who read this,
I recently found my fathers old K40 antenna but only found the coil and whip and nothing else, so i was wondering if anybody knows where i could pick up the quick release trunk mount and mag base for one ?.
Many Thanks,
Jack
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:04 pm
by stampman
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:56 pm
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:34 pm
by Breaker Breaker
Thanks Andy do you anywhere I could get the actual mount for it ?
Jack
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 pm
by porky.69
one of the best mobile antennas going a few years ago. it would pay to get it back up and running
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:49 am
by Breaker Breaker
porky.69 wrote:one of the best mobile antennas going a few years ago. it would pay to get it back up and running
That's my major goal at the moment, plus i think it might be one of the last original k40's in the south east ?
Jack
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:11 pm
by porky.69
maybe jack. its worth giving thunderpole a bell
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:15 pm
by Breaker Breaker
I'll have a look around for abit longer and call if I can't find any at all
Thanks
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:19 pm
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Hi Jack,
I've done some digging but it looks like the trunk mount hasn't been available separately for a number of years (about 20!!)
So I think it is mag mount, or new antenna I'm afraid.
Andy

Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:23 pm
by Breaker Breaker
But I thought to use the mag mount you had to have the quater turn quick release that the coil sit on to secure it to the mag mount ? But then again I could have no idea what im on about :')
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:28 pm
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Yes sorry, you're right. If you only have the top part of the antenna and don't have the cable or trunk mount then I'm afraid you can't attach it to the mag.
Andy

Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:31 pm
by Breaker Breaker
Haha Thought I was, Anyway no worrys Andy

Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:09 pm
by Asterix
Hi Breaker Breaker,
I still have my K40 with mag mount from when I first had a C.B. ( many years ago now ) It was a very good arial at the time and still is, although later type arials get out much further now. It was a good idea to have that quarter turn release and is a shame that others don't incorporate it now but hey! ho!. Good luck with your search.
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:21 pm
by wildfire
hi Breaker Breaker & all just a thought here if Breaker Breaker already has the coil & whip for the k40 wont Breaker Breaker only need the mag mount to screw the k40 on to

& for £25 not a bad price considering it is a expensive antenna & equipment & with it been a old original hell it be worth trying.
Re: K40 Antenna
Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:21 am
by Breaker Breaker
wildfire wrote:hi Breaker Breaker & all just a thought here if Breaker Breaker already has the coil & whip for the k40 wont Breaker Breaker only need the mag mount to screw the k40 on to

& for £25 not a bad price considering it is a expensive antenna & equipment & with it been a old original hell it be worth trying.
The coil and trunk mount are two separate pieces. But as I only have the coil it would be pointless buying a magmount when I cant attach anything to it

but thanks for your concern.