Page 1 of 1

No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:17 pm
by Johnny Mac
Today I noticed my cb radio a TTi 881 wouldn't transmit. :cry:
The meter didn't go up on the LCD screen. I put a swr meter on and no movement on the needle. It receives ok.
I was messing around with things and took off the mic while it was still on. Would that have damaged it?
Are things like this common with radios and would it be repairable?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :D
Thanks

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:45 pm
by Dragonfly
Do you have a multimeter Ohm meter ,if so put it across pin 3 and 5 of the mic plug and key the mic ,It should show continuity when keyed , If nothing then there is a wire break in the plug . http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/microphone-wiring-tti.html

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:22 pm
by Johnny Mac
Dragonfly wrote:Do you have a multimeter Ohm meter ,if so put it across pin 3 and 5 of the mic plug and key the mic ,It should show continuity when keyed , If nothing then there is a wire break in the plug . http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/microphone-wiring-tti.html
Thanks for the advise. I don't have a ohm meter. I'll get one on eBay. What setting would I have to put it on?
I'll have a look and see if I can solder it.

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:27 pm
by Johnny Mac
Would you know if there are any compatible replacement Mic's for this set?

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:36 am
by stampman
yes any mic can be wired for it colin at our sponsers will sort you out


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:30 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
We do the original...

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb-microph ... -6pin.html

Or you could just have a standard replacement mic which we can wire to fit....

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb-microph ... phone.html

Andy :wink:

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:07 am
by Johnny Mac
I ordered an original mic from Thunderpole :D

I did try and get take the plug off the old one but after taking the screws out it wouldn't go over the the rubber part that the clamp bites onto. If I forced it I thought it would get damaged even more. I'm sure someone knows how to do it though.

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:03 pm
by Johnny Mac
I got a new mic from Thunderpole in the post yesterday, all working ok now. If I get the old one repaired then I've got a spare.

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 am
by stampman
good result


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:03 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
=D> =D> =D> =D> :D

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:39 am
by mburton2
In my (somewhat limited) experience tti's in general suffer this problem....a few of my mates have had the same thing...im on my 3rd repair/new mic.

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:45 pm
by Johnny Mac
Well yesterday I posted another thread regarding low mods. It would seem my brand new tti mic doesn't work properly.
Is there anything could do to return it as faulty?

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:54 pm
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Hi Johnny Mac,

Absolutely, the best thing to do is call us on 01604 402403 or email me andy@thunderpole.co.uk and we will sort out a replacement for you.

Andy :wink:

Re: No TX on my tti 881

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:23 pm
by Johnny Mac
andy@thunderpole.co.uk wrote:Hi Johnny Mac,

Absolutely, the best thing to do is call us on 01604 402403 or email me andy@thunderpole.co.uk and we will sort out a replacement for you.

Andy :wink:
Ok thanks Andy :D