Page 1 of 1

Power source

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:54 am
by lemur
Hi guys,
I'm about to install a cb into my 4x4 :D and in the instructions for the cb it says to make a dedicated power supply direct from the battery to avoid interference.. this will be more hassle than picking up on a ignition switched 12vdc local to where I intend on installing. I'll put the extra effort in if warranted but thought I'd check with you guys first.
thoughts?
Cheers,
OM.

Re: Power source

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:05 pm
by stampman
i always use the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid ) and it works fine for me


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: Power source

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:52 am
by Dave 2000
F*CK I sat here (after logging in), and wrote up a lovely piece on wiring CB's and clicked 'preview' and it took me to the log in page, and deleted my post!

Not going to try again at the moment unless someone can explain to me what happened?



regards

Dave

Re: Power source

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:15 pm
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
That is very strange, I've never had that complaint before, so hopefully a one-off.

Andy :wink:

Re: Power source

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:00 am
by stampman
its the Gremlins that control the Site Messing about


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: Power source

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:25 am
by Dave 2000
stampman wrote:its the Gremlins that control the Site Messing about


*King* *King* *King* *King*

:D I think it is good if the gremlins are doing things to improve any site, I just hate it when it is running perfect and they 'fiddle'. :wink:

regards

Dave

Re: Power source

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:20 pm
by stampman
our Gremlins on here are trained by Thunderpole Bob and as he is old school he has passed a lot of bad habits on to them



*King* *King* *King* *King*