Car CB
-
stevebradbury
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:32 pm
I have a CB unit in the car but when I transmit no one can hear me but I can hear them? why? Also when I changed mikes from another unit (same) same but I was also unable to hear anyone ( second unit only 15ft away!)
Sounds like a wire has come out in the mic plug .
Check the mic with a multy meter set to OHMS , 2 wires on the mic should show continuity for recieve and the other 2 should show continuity when the mic is keyed . If the mic plug has more than 4 connections then thunderpolls mic wiring page is the place to check what pin dose what .
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb_microphone_wiring.html
Check the mic with a multy meter set to OHMS , 2 wires on the mic should show continuity for recieve and the other 2 should show continuity when the mic is keyed . If the mic plug has more than 4 connections then thunderpolls mic wiring page is the place to check what pin dose what .
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb_microphone_wiring.html

