Page 1 of 1

Thunderpole t2000

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:05 pm
by Andy1333uk
How do I change onto the eu am on this plz thanks Andy for help

Re: Thunderpole t2000

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:23 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
1)Turn OFF the radio.
2)Whilst pressing the F and MEM buttons together, turn on the power using the ON/OFF/VOLUME Control.
3)Use the Channel Selector or UP and Down buttons to select the EU band.
4)Turn the radio off and then on again, now the display will show the EU band, and you should be able to choose AM with the Mode button.

Andy :wink:

Re: Thunderpole t2000

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:37 pm
by Laurie
I have heard that the Spanish AM opens you up to the USA!

How accurate and likely this is will be beyond my knowledge.

SF

Re: Thunderpole t2000

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
It will be on the same frequency, and believe it or not you will be able to talk to the USA, but only when the conditions are right which only happens once in a while.

Andy :wink:

Re: Thunderpole t2000

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm
by Laurie
Andy,

How do I go about doing this AM thing in Spain Andy? I have the T2000 and a Orbitor HD on a mag on the car.
If conditions are perfect would my set up be sufficient or do I need an antenna as high as the Eiffel tower?
Bear in mind I have been away for 25+years so please talk me through it my friend.

SF

Re: Thunderpole t2000

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
To be honest I have heard of people talking over the skip on mobile set ups but you are more likely to do it on a homebase antenna.

This guide on an American website explains it pretty well... http://cbradiomagazine.com/Articles/How ... 20Skip.htm

Andy :wink: