Page 1 of 1

My new rig

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:27 am
by Thomo
Wot should I buy, a proper homebase CB or a mobile with power supply??

Had the mobile option 30 years ago and it worked well.

Should I go for a new type set with 80 channels or an old type multimore?? (Cobra 148, Ham Int. Multimore 2/3, Nato 2000, President Grant etc.... I had a Nato 2000 BRILLIANT rig, where can I pic one of those up from??
\:D/

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:11 pm
by Basilsparents
You can't buy a proper brand new homebase CB anymore, they're all mobile, so I dunno if that would affect ur choice...

.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:42 pm
by Thomo
What do you mean by proper brand named homebase?

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:32 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Hi Thomo,

Unfortunately no manufacturer makes a homebase rig anymore so the only one you will get would be second hand.

A mobile rig with a PSU will work fine though.

It is up to you whether you go for an old multimode or a new rig, just bear in mind that alot of the older rigs will probably have had someone with a big screwdriver inside of them!

Andy :wink:

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:52 pm
by Basilsparents
Oh yeah, and NEVER buy a Fidelity 3000FM homebase (which is common) like I did... pile of junk, that is :(

Rigs

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:04 am
by Thomo
Ok thanx for the warning :roll:

Im bidding on a Ham International Multimode 2 on eBay at the mo, and its ends 7pm 2nite :P