Page 1 of 1

What type of antenna do I have?

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:37 pm
by NuMonkey
Hi,
I’ve just came across my old antenna in the loft, I’m wondering what it is and whether it’ll still work after lying there for 20 years.
It’s a 2 x 9 foot section white fibreglass antenna, bottom section is 1.5 -2 inches thick, top section is about half an inch thick. I remember when I bought it from Bartley truck stop he told me it was guaranteed against lightning strikes, I think it was a Shakespeare but I may be wrong.
Also wondering if anyone knows of a shop up here in the northeast, or is everything on tinternet these days :D

Thanks in advance,
Gary

It’s ok, I found it, it’s a Shakespeare Big Stick.

Re: What type of antenna do I have?

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:55 am
by stampman
a very good antenna had one for years


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: What type of antenna do I have?

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:11 am
by NuMonkey
It was in good working order when I took it down, you think it’ll still work after 19 years in my loft lol.
Also considering a CRT 9900, you got any recommendations.

Thanks for the reply
Gary (VICE) 26WB010 from back in the day