My rig is a standard AM/FM setup that I bought from Thunderpole last week. A nice easy install, and checking my antenna with an SWR meter I found I didn't need to make any adjustments at all, the needle barely moved on channels 1, 20, and 40.
Listening in, there's obviously been a lot of developments in the world of CB and amateur radio since my last forway - I'm hearing talk of sidebands and folks chatting in my part of the world chatting to other folks as far away as Swindon, North Wales, and Cheshire.
I've only got a rig in my van at the moment, not a homebase, so I'm only on-air when I'm on the road. Any breakers in the Cardiff area (or south Bristol, where my Mrs lives and where I spend some time), try me on channel 19, and if I'm around, I'll reply
All the best everyone,
The Phantom


